Preview: 3rd ODI – Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe Women | Squad | Players to watch | Pitch | Live Streaming

Bangladesh have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the three match ODI series against Zimbabwe. The third ODI will be played on November 15 at the Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo. Will Bangladesh make a clean sweep or will Zimbabwe end the series with a win? Stay tuned.

Bangladesh Women's tour of Zimbabwe - 3rd ODI - Preview
Bangladesh Women’s tour of Zimbabwe – 3rd ODI – Preview

Squads

Bangladesh: Murshida Khatun, Fargana Hoque, Sharmin Akhter, Rumana Ahmed, Sobhana Mostary, Nigar Sultana (captain & wicket-keeper), Nuzhat Tasnia, Ritu Moni, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Khadija Tul Kubra, Shanjida Akhter, Fahima Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Nahida Akhter

Zimbabwe: Mary Anne-Musonda (captain), Sharne Mayers, Pellagia Mujaji, Ashley Ndiraya, Nyasha Gwanzura, Loren Tshuma, Francisca Chipare, Josephine Nkomo, Modester Mupachikwa (wicket-keeper), Chiedza Dhururu, Tasmeen Granger, Precious Marange, Esther Mbofana, Nomatter Mutasa, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Nahida Akter:

She was the most successful bowler for Bangladesh in the second ODI against Zimbabwe. The left-arm spinner claimed 3-30 in her 9.4 overs, including two maidens. The wily spinner bowled in the right areas for the most part of her spell and reaped benefits in the form of wickets.

Murshida Khatun:

The left-hand-opened bat led the run chase in the second ODI as she muscled a 51 not out off 66 balls, including eight boundaries. This was her maiden half century in ODI cricket and was instrumental in Bangladesh’s nine-wicket win in the second ODI against Zimbabwe.

Nyasha Gwanzura:

The right-hand middle-order bat top-scored with an unbeaten 35 off 81 balls, including two boundaries. She held the Zimbabwe innings together when the team was losing wickets at regular intervals. She was like the glue of the batting line-up.

Also Read:  2nd ODI: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Esther Mbofana:

The right arm seamer was the lone wicket-taker for Zimbabwe in the second ODI against Bangladesh. She opened the bowling and accounted for 1-30 in her 5.3 overs. She used the new ball well extracting swing from it. She will look to have company from the other bowlers going into the third and final ODI of the series.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and warm. There is 0% chance of rain through the course of the match. The average temperatures will range between 32 and 34 degrees Celsius. Wind will blow from east during the first half of the game and from east-southeast in the latter half.

Pitch

This will be the third match at the venue. The wicket might play slow and help the spinners. The outfield could be slow. The batters may have to spend more time at the crease to score runs.

Probable Fantasy playing XI

Fargana Hoque, Murshida Khatun, Nyasha Gwanzura, Salma Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Precious Marange, Nahida Akhter, Jahanara Alam, Esther Mbofana, Ritu Moni

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here