Bismah Maroof becomes the first Pakistan women cricketer to score 2000 runs in T20 Internationals

Bismah Maroof became the first cricketer from the Pakistan Women’s national team to score 2000 runs in Twenty20 international cricket. She achieved this milestone in the 1st T20I match against Bangladesh at Lahore. Maroof made 34 runs in 29 balls and led her team to victory as Pakistan won over Bangladesh by 14 runs.

Bismah Maroof
Bismah Maroof. Pic Credits: ICC

Bismah Maroof also became the 2nd overall cricketer from Pakistan to surpass 2000 T20I runs for her country after Shoaib Malik who has 2251 runs in this format. Maroof now has 2023 runs in 95 innings and joins the likes of Mithali Raj and Harmanpreet Kaur of India to become the 3rd Asian female to achieve this feat.

The list of most runs in Women’s T20I is led by Suzie Bates of New Zealand who has 3100 runs to her name. Maroof now ranks 8th in the list after Bates, Stafanie Taylor and Deandra Dottin from West Indies, Charlotte Edwards and Sarah Taylor of England, Meg Lanning of Australia and Mithali Raj of India.

Over the years Maroof has become a vital cog of her team and has lead her country to many victories. We congratulate Maroof for achieving this milestone.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Nida Dar feels confident for England series after WBBL stint
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here