1st ODI: Bangladesh v New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second leg of Bangladesh Women’s tour of New Zealand will see the two teams locking horns against each other in a three-match ODI series. The hosts clean swept the visitors 3-0 in the T20I series played from December 2 to 7.

1st ODI: Bangladesh v New Zealand Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming
1st ODI: Bangladesh v New Zealand Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

With the T20I series done and dusted, the two teams will face off in the longer format. The first ODI between Bangladesh and New Zealand will be played on December 11 at the Basin Reserve in Wellington. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL).

Head-to-Head

Bangladesh and New Zealand have played one ODI against each other, with New Zealand winning that game.

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (C, WK), Sharmin Akter, Fargana Hoque, Rumana Ahmed, Ritu Moni, Lata Mondol, Salma Khatun, Nahida Akter, Murshida Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Fahima Khatun, Sanjida Akther, Fariha Trisna, Marufa Akter, Rabeya Khan, Dilara Akter, Disha Biswas

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (C), Suzie Bates, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Jess McFadyen, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe

Players to watch

Fargana Hoque:

She is a right-handed top-order batter with over 1000 ODI runs in 48 matches, including nine half-centuries. She has a wide array of shots in her repertoire. She will be expected to hold the Bangladeshi batting innings together.

Rumana Ahmed:

This talented all-rounder from Bangladesh is a right-handed middle-order batter and a wily right-arm leg-spinner. In her 49 ODIs, she has scored 954 runs, including five half-centuries and the best of 75. She has claimed 50 wickets with the ball, including one four-wicket haul.

Also Read:  1st T20I: New Zealand vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Sophie Devine:

The captain of New Zealand is a prolific right-handed opening batter and more than a handy right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has featured in 131 ODIs and muscled 3266 runs, including six centuries and 14 half-centuries. She has also accounted for 89 wickets.

Amelia Kerr:

She is a star all-rounder in the New Zealand line-up. A right-handed top-order batter and a right-arm leg-spinner, Amelia has registered 1338 runs in 56 ODIs and has a double century to her name. She is equally brilliant with the ball, picking up 77 wickets, including one fifer and four four-fers.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 25 women’s ODIs so far. The teams batting first have won 10, and the teams batting second have won 12, with three games not producing results. The highest total scored is 305, and the lowest total scored is 61. Both teams have a poor record here, with New Zealand having won just one out of their 12 games and Bangladesh having lost their two fixtures. This is a chance for both teams to redeem themselves at the venue. With a fresh pitch on offer, expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny, breezy, and cool. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 21 degrees Celsius. There will be an 18 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Maddy Green, Lauren Down, Suzie Bates, Fargana Hoque, Sanjida Akhter, Amelia Kerr, Rumana Ahmed, Sophie Devine, Hayley Jensen, Jess Kerr, Salma Khatun

Also Read:  Kate Cross and Sophie Ecclestone help England restrict New Zealand to just 203 Runs

Match Details

Date: December 11, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Basin Reserve, Wellington

Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here