2nd T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second T20I of the five-match series between India and Australia will be played on December 11 at the DY Cricket Patil Stadium. The game will begin at 7 PM IST. Australia lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, India scored 172/5 in 20 overs, thanks to Richa Ghosh and Deepti Sharma, who scored 36 runs each. Ellyse Perry was the pick of the bowlers with two scalps for Australia. In reply, the Aussies made light work of the run chase as they cruised to the target in 18.1 overs with nine wickets in hand. Beth Mooney top-scored with an unbeaten 89, while for India, Devika Vaidya was the lone wicket-taker.

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 26 T20Is against each other, with Australia winning 19, India winning six, and one match not producing a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol

Australia: Alyssa Healy (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Players to watch

Smriti Mandhana: 

India’s stylish left-handed opening batter got off to a steady start in the first T20I against Australia. She scored 28 off 22, hitting five boundaries. She was there till the end of the eighth over and fought hard when a couple of wickets fell at the other end. Being the vice-captain, she will be required to shoulder the batting responsibility of her team.

Also Read:  Top 5 Overseas Players who impressed in WPL 2024

Deepti Sharma: 

The star all-rounder of India made a valuable contribution with the bat lower down the order in the first T20I against Australia. She blasted an unconquered 36 off 15, peppering the boundary rope eight times. The southpaw stitched a 40-run partnership with Devika Vaidya for the sixth wicket to take India to 172/5 in 20 overs. Besides her batting, she is an accomplished right-arm off-spinner.

Beth Mooney:

The world’s number one T20I batter in women’s cricket won the player of the match in the first T20I against India. Australia’s prolific left-handed opening batter muscled an undefeated 89 off 57, including 16 boundaries, to steer her team to a comprehensive nine-wicket win chasing 173.

Ellyse Perry: 

The right-arm medium-pace bowler of Australia was the most successful one in the first T20I against India. She scalped 10/2 in two overs, including one maiden. Coming into bowl as the first change, she struck twice inside the powerplay. She was very effective with the new ball. Besides her bowling, she is a solid middle-order batter.

Pitch

The second women’s T20I will be played here, with the last one being held on December 9. The wicket seems to be a batting paradise. More than 350 runs were scored in the previous match. Bowlers must be consistent with their lines and lengths, as there is minimal scope for error.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a hazy sun. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 33 degrees Celsius. There will be a 57 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 12 – Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunders | Fantasy 11 | Players to watch | Live Streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Ashleigh Gardner, Deepti Sharma, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh Thakur

Match Details

Date: December 11, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST (12.30 AM AEDT, December 12)

Venue: D.Y. Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live Streaming: Star Sports Network (India), Fox Sports and Channel 7 (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here