“We got what we needed out of it,” says Alyssa Healy on Bangladesh tour

Australia Women led by Alyssa Healy showcased their dominance in both the One-Day International (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I) series during their tour of Bangladesh, leaving a mark of authority as they whitewashed the hosts in both formats. The tour served as a preparation for the T20 World Cup in Bangladesh later this year and the challenging conditions in the subcontinent.

"We got what we needed out of it," says Alyssa Healy on Bangladesh tour
“We got what we needed out of it,” says Alyssa Healy on Bangladesh tour

On being asked about how her team overcame challenges on the tour Australian skipper Alyssa Healy said, “At times the conditions were quite extreme whether it be the wicket or the conditions.”

In the ODI series, Australia Women displayed their prowess with comprehensive victories in all three matches. The first encounter saw Australia posting a formidable total of 213/7, with Bangladesh Women falling short by 118 runs, courtesy of an impressive all-round performance by Alana King, who was awarded the Player of the Match. In the second ODI, Bangladesh Women were restricted to a meager 97 runs, paving the way for Australia Women to secure a comfortable six-wicket win, with Sophie Molineux shining with the ball to earn the Player of the Match title. The third ODI witnessed another dominant display by Australia, as they restricted Bangladesh to just 89 runs and chased down the target with ease, clinching an eight-wicket victory, with Kim Garth standing out with her superb bowling performance.

Ashleigh Gardner’s outstanding all-round performance earned her the Player of the Series title in the ODI series. With a total of 52 runs and 8 wickets, Gardner showcased her versatility and contributed significantly to Australia Women’s success in the series. After a few questions were raised about her form after a poor WPL season, Gardner proved why she is such a highly ranked and respected all-rounder in world cricket.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Bangladesh vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Transitioning to the T20I series, Australia Women continued their winning streak with convincing victories in all three matches. The first T20I saw Australia chasing down Bangladesh’s total of 126/4 without losing a wicket, with Alyssa Healy’s unbeaten 65 earning her the Player of the Match accolade. In the second T20I, Australia posted a challenging total of 161/8, and despite a valiant effort by Bangladesh, they fell short by 58 runs, with Georgia Wareham’s brilliant all-round performance earning her the Player of the Match award. The highlight of this match however was the hat-trick of Fariha Trisna, her list of victims included Ellyse Perry, Sophie Molineux, and Beth Mooney.

The third T20I witnessed another commanding performance by Australia, as they posted 155/6 and restricted Bangladesh to 78 runs, securing a comprehensive 77-run victory, with Tayla Vlaeminck being named the Player of the Match for her excellent bowling display.

Sophie Molineux was awarded the Player of the Series for her consistent performances throughout the T20I series, showcasing Australia Women’s depth and talent in both batting and bowling departments.

In conclusion, Australian women’s tour of Bangladesh was characterized by their dominance across both formats, highlighting their status as a formidable force in women’s cricket on the international stage.

With a World Cup scheduled to be held later this year in Bangladesh, this tour served as the perfect preparation for Alyssa Healy and her troops. Reflecting on the tour Alyssa Healy said “Everything was really worthwhile out of the series. We got what we needed out of it and everyone will know what they need to prepare coming back (for the T20 World Cup).”

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here