2nd T20I: Bangladesh vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following their clean sweep in the One-Day Internationals (ODIs) over hosts Bangladesh and continuing their dominance, Australia registered a thumping 10-wicket win in the Twenty20 International (T20I) opener. The 2nd T20I, a must-win for the hosts, will be played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, on the 2nd of April, 2024, at 11:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Squads:

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana (C, WK), Nahida Akter (VC), Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Sumaya Akter, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Farzana Akter Lisa, Fariha Islam Trisna, Shorifa Khatun, Dilara Akter Dola

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C, WK), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Tayla Vlaeminck, Grace Harris

Players to watch out:

Fahima Khatun

The 31-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 74 outings, has picked up 46 wickets at an economy rate of 5.69 and from 53 innings has chipped in, scoring 358 runs. Fahima had a quiet ODI leg; however, in the T20I opener, she scored a 21-ball 27, while leaking 11 off her only over. It is expected that she makes the most of this return to form with the bat.

Marufa Akter

The 19-year-old pacer, from 17 T20Is, has picked up 13 wickets, including the best of 3/23, maintaining an economy rate of 6.15. Marufa has had a decent series thus far, and continuing on the momentum from the ODIs, in the T20I opener she returned figures of 0/19. The team will count on her to continue this form and be back amongst wickets.

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath help Australia clean-sweep Bangladesh in T20I series

Beth Mooney

The 30-year-old batter, averaging 42.07 and striking at 123.96, has amassed 2819 runs from 90 T20I innings. Beth was in outstanding form in the lead-up to this tour and carried her form into the series, registering scores of 25, 8, and 21* in the ODIs, and 55* in the T20I opener. Given the form she is in, she’ll be relied upon for the runs.

Tayla Vlaeminck

The 25-year-old pacer, from 17 T20I appearances, has bagged 14 wickets at an economy rate of 6.15 and recorded the highest of 6.15. Tayla, in her first-ever international outing since January 2022, in the 1st T20I of this series, registered figures of 1/30 (4). The seasoned pacer will be banked upon to capitalize on the start she has had.

Pitch:

The Shere Bangla National Stadium wicket is a low-scoring one that typically favors bowlers, especially spinners. The 22-yard strip has a neutral character, balanced to some extent, but the average score remains in the 110s, indicating it is a challenging venue for batters.

Weather:

The conditions in Mirpur are expected to be pleasant for the game, with clear, bright skies and a minimal chance of rain. The temperature is forecasted to be around 34°C, with light winds and humidity at 51%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Alyssa Healy, Nigar Sultana, Beth Mooney, Grace Harris, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Fahima Khatun, Alana King, Nahida Akter, Georgia Wareham, Sophie Molineux

Match details:

Date – April 2, 2024

Time – 11:30 AM IST

Venue – Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on FanCode and the Bangladesh Cricket YouTube channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here