Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath help Australia clean-sweep Bangladesh in T20I series

Tayla Vlaeminck, skipper Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath stars for Australia as they complete a clinical whitewash over fBangladesh.

Alyssa Healy and Tahlia McGrath help Australia clean-sweep Bangladesh in T20I series

The Australian women’s team led by skipper Alyssa Healy clinched the 2nd T20I by 58 runs to bag the T20I series. Georgia Wareham was awarded the Player of the Match for her brilliant all-round performance, notching up her career-best score (57 off 30 balls) with the bat in the T20I format and returning with match figures (4-1-24-1) with the ball.

Australian skipper Alyssa Healy won the toss and opted to bat first. The Australian openers Beth Mooney and skipper Alyssa Healy got off to a good start, scoring over seven runs an over before Shorifa Khatun picked up the wicket of Beth Mooney to provide the first breakthrough for Bangladesh inside the powerplay. Ellyse Perry joined skipper Alyssa Healy at the crease and the duo stitched a crucial 23-run partnership for the 2nd wicket before Nahida Akter picked up the big wicket of the opposition skipper Alyssa Healy to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side.

Australia kept losing wickets at regular intervals, they lost their next three wickets for just 36 runs. Grace Harris joined Tahlia McGrath at the crease and the duo stitched a much-needed 57-run partnership for the 6th wicket before Grace Harris was found short of her crease to provide the 6th breakthrough for her side. Skipper Alyssa Healy (45 off 29 balls), Tahlia McGrath (43 off 29 balls), and Grace Harris (19 off 11 balls) were the top performers with the bat for Australia.

Also Read:  Lisa Griffith to lead the Youthful NSW Breakers in WNCL

Nahida Akter (4-0-31-3) and Rabeya Khan (4-0-19-1) were the top performers with the ball for Bangladesh. Chasing a target of 156, Bangladesh got off to a poor start losing the wicket of their opener Murshida Khatun in the first over of the run chase. Megan Schutt provided the first breakthrough for Australia. Ritu Moni joined Dilara Akter and the duo stitched a 13-run partnership for the 2nd wicket before Tayla Vlaeminck picked up the wicket of Ritu Moni to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side.

Shorna Akter soon followed her back to the pavilion to provide the 3rd breakthrough for Australia. Fahima Khatun joined opening batter Dilara Akter at the crease and the duo stitched a 14-run partnership for the 4th wicket before Ashleigh Gardner picked up the wicket of Dilara Akter to provide the 4th breakthrough for her side. The home side suffered a horrible collapse as they lost their next five wickets for just 20 runs taking the game away from Bangladesh. Fariha Trisna joined skipper Nigar Sultana Joty at the crease and the duo delayed the inevitable for Australia with a 25-run partnership for the 10th wicket before the leg-spinner Georgia Wareham came back and cleaned up the opposition skipper Nigar Sultana Joty to wrap the Bangladesh innings for 78 runs completing a thumping victory in the 3rd T20I by 77 runs and 11 balls to spare. The partnership between skipper Nigar Sultana Joty and Fariha Trisna is the highest 10th-wicket partnership for Bangladesh.

Skipper Nigar Sultana Joty (32 off 31 balls), Dilara Akter (12 off 18 balls), Fahima Khatun (11 off 16 balls), and Ritu Moni (10 off 11 balls) were the top performers with the bat for Bangladesh. Tayla Vlaeminck (4-0-12-3), Sophie Molineux (4-0-15-1), Georgia Wareham (1.1-0-1-2), and Ellyse Perry (2-0-8-1) were the top performers with the ball for Australia. The 25-year-old speedster from Victoria Tayla Vlaeminck was awarded the Player of the Match for her exceptional spell (4-0-12-3) with the ball, playing a crucial role in helping her side complete a thumping clean sweep (3-0) in the three-match T20I series.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Bangladesh vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

The 26-year-old left-arm spinner Sophie Molineux was awarded the Player of the Series as she claimed 6 wickets ending as the leading wicket-taker of the series at an average of 8.33 an exceptional economy of 4.16 and a strike rate of 12 in three innings.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here