1st ODI: Ireland v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The historic bilateral series between Ireland Women and Pakistan Women starts on November 4 with a three-match ODI series, followed by a three-match T20I series. All the games will be played at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The final fixture will be played on November 16. This will be the first time the Ireland Women tour Pakistan for a bilateral competition.

1st ODI: Ireland v Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The first ODI will be played on November 4 at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore. The game will begin at 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Squads

Ireland – Laura Delany (C), Rachel Delaney, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Pakistan – Bismah Maroof (C), Aimen Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (WK), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (WK) and Umm-e-Hani

Players to watch

Laura Delany: 

The captain of Ireland is a dashing all-rounder who is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has featured in 46 ODIs, scored 754 runs, and picked up 22 wickets. She has a couple of half-centuries and one century to her name in ODI cricket.

Arlene Kelly: 

The New Zealand-born cricketer is a right-arm speedster and a right-handed batter. She made her international debut for Ireland in 2022 and played five ODIs. She has mustered 53 runs in three innings and claimed five wickets in as many games. 

Bismah Maroof: 

The skipper of Pakistan is one of the best batters in the side. She is a left-handed top-order batter with close to 3000 ODI runs, including 16 half-centuries. The southpaw has a wealth of experience, with 118 ODIs under her belt. She will be required to lead her troops in this historic series.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Ireland v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Nida Dar: 

The swashbuckling all-rounder is one of the most experienced players of Pakistan. She is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm off-spinner. In her 94 ODI appearances, she has muscled 1423 runs and accounted for 86 wickets. She has 10 half-centuries and three four-wicket hauls to her credit.

Pitch

The venue has hosted two women’s ODIs, with the teams batting first and second, winning one game each. The highest total scored on this ground is 215, and the lowest score is 186. Expect a fresh wicket that could aid the batters. The fast bowlers can get some purchase in the first hour of the play.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 33 degrees Celsius. There will be a 49 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Aliya Riaz, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof, Laura Delany, Nida Dar, Arlene Kelly, Nashra Sandhu

Match Details

Date: November 4, 2022

Time: 10.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Live streaming: YouTube Pakistan Cricket Official

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here