Match 15: Qatar v Singapore Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 15th match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 21 between Qatar and Singapore at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia.

Match 15: Qatar v Singapore Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Qatar and Singapore have never played against each other. This will be the first T20I between them. 

Squads

Qatar: Aysha (c), Hiral Agarwal, Raiha Arshad, Shahreen Bahadur, Saachi Dhadwal, Rizpha Bano Emmanuel (wk), Khadija Imtiaz, Trupti Kale (wk), Aleena Khan, Hiya Ladani, Angeline Mare, Rochelle Quyn, Shrutiben Rana, Sarrinah Siddiqui

Singapore: Shafina Mahesh (c) (wk), Chathurani Abeyratne, Ada Bhasin, Riyaa Bhasin, Diviya G K, Saumya Gurusinghe, Vinu Kumar, Vigineswari Pasupathy, Jocelyn Pooranakaran, Johanna Pooranakaran, Damini Ramesh, Ishita Shukla, Zay Hua Tan, Ananyapriya Venkata

Players to watch

Angeline Mare: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Qatar scalped 10/3 in four overs against Oman in her last match. She opened the bowling with her captain Aysha and bowled well with the new ball. Out of the three wickets, she claimed two in her first over of the match.

Hiral Agarwal: 

The right arm off spinner from Qatar accounted for 1/3 in two overs in her last appearance against Oman. The wily bowler was the most economical bowler. She bowled as many as 11 dot balls, including one maiden over.

Vinu Kumar: 

She won the player of the match for her all-round contributions in her last outing against Oman. She scored 38 runs off 45 balls, including four boundaries and picked up 20/2 in four overs. She is a right-handed middle order batter and a right arm medium pace bowler.

Also Read:  Match 19: Bahrain v Bhutan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Shafina Mahesh: 

The captain of Singapore led from the front in her last match against Oman. She mustered 19 runs off 22 balls, including three boundaries at the top of the order. With the ball, she claimed 36/2 in four overs. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler.

Pitch

The last match that was played here yesterday saw more than 230 runs being scored. Nine wickets fell in the process. The team batting first won the match after posting 134/1 in 20 overs. The wicket is expected to offer another exciting contest between bat and ball today

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 31 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 55 percent chance of rain and 87 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rizpha Bano Emmanuel, Saachi Dhadwal, Vigineswari Pasupathy, Shahreen Bahadur, Shafina Mahesh, Aysha, Diviya GK, Vinu Kumar, Angeline Mare, Hiral Agarwal, Chathurani Abeyratne

Match details

Date: June 21, 2022

Time: 8AM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here