Match 14: Bhutan v Kuwait Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 14th match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 21 between Bhutan and Kuwait at the Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Match 14: Bhutan v Kuwait Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Bhutan and Kuwait have played one T20I against each other which Bhutan have won.

Squads

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Tashi Lhaden, Pema Seldon, Sonam Sonam, Dechen Wangmo, Sangay Wangmo, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Dechen Zangmo, Tshering Zangmo

Kuwait: Amna Tariq (c), Maryyam Ashraf, Aakriti Bose (wk), Venora D’Souza, Siobhan Gomez, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Zeefa Jilani, Khadija Khalil, Mofida Kocchargi, Glenda Menes, Priyada Murali, Maryam Omar, Balasubramani Shanti 

Players to watch

Sonam Paldon: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Bhutan was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Hong Kong. She opened the bowling with Anju Gurung. She scalped 23/2 in four overs and bowled well with the new ball.

Tshering Zangmo: 

The right-handed middle order batter of Bhutan top scored with an unbeaten 25 off 37 balls, including one boundary in her last match against Hong Kong. She led the run chase from the front however failed to steer her side home as Bhutan fell short of 14 runs in the end.

Mariamma Hyder: 

The left arm spinner from Kuwait was the most successful bowler in her last appearance against Nepal. She opened the bowling with Maria Jasvi and struck with 10/1 in four overs. She was also the most economical bowler.

Priyada Murali: 

The right-handed opening batter of Kuwait starred with the bat in her last match against Nepal as she mustered 31 runs off 40 balls, including two boundaries and a six. Kuwait’s batting revolved around her as she was there in the middle till the 14th over of the match.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 1: Nepal v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

The last match that was played here yesterday saw more than 200 runs being scored. 11 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won on the penultimate ball of the match chasing 110 runs. The wicket is expected to offer another exciting contest between bat and ball today.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a thunderstorm in parts of the area. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 48 percent chance of rain and 98 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Pema Seldon, Maryam Omar, Yshey Choden, Ngawang Choden, Tshering Zangmo, Priyada Murali, Dechen Wangmo, Sonam Paldon, Anju Gurung, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi

Match details

Date: June 21, 2022

Time: 8AM IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here