Match 7: Malaysia v Qatar Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The seventh match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 18 between Malaysia and Qatar at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval in Malaysia.

Match 7: Malaysia v Qatar Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Malaysia and Qatar have not played against each other. This will be the first T20I between them.

Squads

Malaysia: Winifred Duraisingam (c), Mas Elysa (vc), Nik Nur Atiela, Sasha Azmi, Aisya Eleesa, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Elsa Hunter, Jamahidaya Intan, Wan Julia, Dhanusri Mahunan, Aina Najwa, Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Yusrina Yaakop

Qatar: Aysha (c), Hiral Agarwal, Raiha Arshad, Shahreen Bahadur, Saachi Dhadwal, Rizpha Bano Emmanuel (wk), Khadija Imtiaz, Trupti Kale (wk), Aleena Khan, Hiya Ladani, Angeline Mare, Rochelle Quyn, Shrutiben Rana, Sarrinah Siddiqui

Players to watch

Mas Elysa: 

The all-rounder from Malaysia won the player of the match in her last match against Singapore. The right-handed top order batter muscled 59 runs off 39 balls, including nine boundaries and a six. With the ball, the leg spinner claimed 7/2 in 2.4 overs.

Winifred Duraisingam: 

The captain of Malaysia made a useful contribution with the bat in her last outing against Singapore. The right-handed opening batter smashed 50 runs off 48 balls, including six boundaries to set the foundation.

Shahreen Bahadur: 

She is a right-handed batter from Qatar, who has featured in 11 T20Is. She has mustered 197 runs, including one century. Apart from her batting, she is handy with the ball. She bowls right arm medium pace and has five wickets in six innings to her name.

Aleena Khan:

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner from Qatar. In her 12 T20Is, she has the best score of 25 and with the ball has picked three wickets. She is a good all-rounder and will want to contribute with both bat and ball in this tournament.

Also Read:  Match 19: Malaysia vs Bahrain | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Pitch

The match that was played here yesterday saw less than 150 runs being scored. Batting did not look that easy. A total of 19 wickets fell. Spinners and seamers dominated the show almost equally. With cloudy conditions through the course of the day, bowlers are expected to do well.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 75 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Wan Julia, Mas Elysa, Sasha Azmi, Shahreen Bahadur, Winifred Duraisingam, Aleena Khan, Aysha, Aisya Eleesa, Nur Dania Syuhada, Angeline Mare, Sarrinah Ahmed

Match details

Date: June 18, 2022

Time: 12.30PM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket Youtube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here