Match 6: Bhutan v Hong Kong Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The sixth match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 18 between Bhutan and Hong Kong at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval in Malaysia.

Match 6: Bhutan v Hong Kong Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Bhutan and Hong Kong have played two T20Is against each other. Hong Kong have won both the matches.

Squads

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Tashi Lhaden, Pema Seldon, Sonam Sonam, Dechen Wangmo, Sangay Wangmo, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Dechen Zangmo, Tshering Zangmo

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Yasmin Daswani (vc, wk), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (wk), Mariko Hill, Elysa Hubbard, Emma Lai, Natasha Miles, Bella Poon, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (wk), Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Players to watch

Sonam Paldon: The right arm medium pace bowler from Bhutan wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 13/4 in four overs, including one maiden against Nepal in her last match. She opened the bowling with Anju Gurung and struck in her very first over of the match.

Tshering Zangmo: The right-handed middle order batter from Bhutan top scored with 16 runs off 28 balls in her last outing against Nepal. She was the only batter to score in double digits for her team. She came in to bat in the fifth over and was there till the 17th over.

Mariko Hill: She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler from Hong Kong. She has featured in 24 T20Is, scored 374 runs, including one half-century and picked 13 wickets. She is a genuine all-rounder.

Also Read:  Match 12: Sapphires vs Falcons | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Kary Chan: The captain of Hong Kong is a left arm spinner and left-handed batter. In her 24 T20Is, she has muscled 409 runs and claimed 32 wickets, including one five-wicket haul. She will look to lead from the front with both bat and ball.

Pitch

The last completed match that was played here saw less than 150 runs being scored. Batting did not look that easy. A total of 19 wickets fell. Spinners and seamers dominated the show almost equally. With cloudy conditions through the course of the day, bowlers are expected to do well.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 32 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 75 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Pema Seldon, Shanzeen Shahzad, Ngawang Choden, Natasha Miles, Sangay Wangmo, Tshering Zangmo, Mariko Hill, Sonam Paldon, Anju Gurung, Kary Chan

Match details

Date: June 18, 2022

Time: 8.30AM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket Youtube channel

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here