Match 5: Singapore v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fifth match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 18 between Singapore and UAE at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Malaysia.

Head-to-Head

Singapore and UAE have never played against each other. This will be the first T20I between the two teams.

Squads

Singapore: Shafina Mahesh (c) (wk), Chathurani Abeyratne, Ada Bhasin, Riyaa Bhasin, Diviya G K, Saumya Gurusinghe, Vinu Kumar, Vigineswari Pasupathy, Jocelyn Pooranakaran, Johanna Pooranakaran, Damini Ramesh, Ishita Shukla, Zay Hua Tan, Ananyapriya Venkata

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain, Lavanya Keny, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish, Khushi Sharma, Sanchin Singh

Players to watch

Vigineswari Pasupathy: 

She is a right-handed opening batter from Singapore, who top scored with 10 runs off 22 balls, including one boundary in her last appearance against Malaysia. She was the only batter to score in double digits in that match.

Ada Bhasin: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Singapore was the pick of the bowlers in her last match against Malaysia. She scalped 39/2 in four overs. She opened the bowling with Diviya GK and struck in her very first over of the match.

Samaira Dharnidharka: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from UAE struck with 8/1 in four overs in her last outing against Oman. She opened the bowling with her captain Chaya Mughal and bowled well with the new ball.

Esha Oza: 

This batting all-rounder from UAE picked up 2/1 in 0.4 overs against Oman in her last match, which was a rain abandoned game. Apart from bowling off spin, she is a solid right-handed opening batter.

Also Read:  Match 6: Bhutan v Hong Kong Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

The wicket looks good for batting. In the last completed match that was played here, the team batting first scored 171 runs. However, the cloudy conditions may assist the bowlers. A healthy contest between bat and ball is expected.

Weather

Intervals of clouds and sunshine with a thunderstorm are expected. The average temperature will be around 31 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 80 percent chance of rain and 74 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Theertha Satish, Johanna Pooranakaran, Vigineswari Pasupathy, Kavisha Egodage, Ada Bhasin, Samaira Dharnidharka, Diviya GK, Esha Oza, Indhuja Nandakumar, Vaishnave Mahesh, Chathurani Abeyratne

Match details

Date: June 18, 2022

Time: 8.30AM IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here