Match 9: Bahrain v Hong Kong Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The ninth match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 19 between Bahrain and Hong Kong at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Malaysia.

Match 9: Bahrain v Hong Kong Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Bahrain and Hong Kong have never played against each other. This will be the first T20I between them.

Squads

Bahrain: Deepika Rasangika (c), Tharanga Gajanayake (vc), Vilcita Barboza, Deepika Bhaskara, Gayani Fernando, Rasika Hathadurage (wk), Poorvaja Jagdeesha, Prajna Jagdeesha, Sachini Jayasinghe, Shashikala Prakash, Rasika Rodrigo, Pavithra Shetty, Ishara Suhun, Abeera Waris

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Yasmin Daswani (vc, wk), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (wk), Mariko Hill, Elysa Hubbard, Emma Lai, Natasha Miles, Bella Poon, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (wk), Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Players to watch

Prajna Jagdeesha: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler from Bahrain, who made her international debut in 2022. She has played five T20Is, out of which she has batted in two and bowled in three. She will look to make the most of every opportunity presented to her in this tournament.

Tharanga Gajanayake: 

The vice- captain of Bahrain is a left-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has muscled 221 runs in five T20Is, including a couple of half-centuries and the best score of 94 not out. With the ball, she has scalped five wickets in as many innings.

Betty Chan: 

The right arm off spinner from Hong Kong scalped 18/2 in four overs against Bhutan in her last match. She opened the bowling with Iqra Sahar and bowled well with the new ball.

Also Read:  Match 20: Bhutan vs Hong Kong | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Mariko Hill:

She made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last outing against Bhutan. The Hong Kong all-rounder scored 40 runs off 36 balls and picked up 15/2 in four overs.

Pitch

The last match that was played here saw less than 200 runs being scored. Batting did not look easy. The cloudy conditions may assist the bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with occasional rain and thunderstorm in the afternoon. The average temperature will be around 31 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 63 percent chance of rain and 77 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yasmin Daswani, Emma Lai, Ishara Suhun, Natasha Miles, Poorvaja Jagdeesha, Mariko Hill, Tharanga Gajanayake, Rasangika Herath, Betty Chan, Maryam Bibi, Kary Chan

Match details

Date: June 19, 2022

Time: 8.30AM IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here