Who is Beth Mooney | Bio | Stats | Gujarat Giants Player

About Beth Mooney:

Gujarat Giants Team
NAME- Beth Mooney
DOB- January 14, 1994
PLACE OF BIRTH- Shepparton, Victoria
ROLE- Wicketkeeper-Batter
BATTING STYLE- Left-handed
TEAMS- Australia Women, Brisbane Heat Women, Gujarat Giants Women, London Spirit (Women), Perth Scorchers Women, Queensland Under-15s Women, Queensland Women, Yorkshire Women

Beth Mooney.
Beth Mooney.

Bio:

Beth Mooney has emerged as one of the most dependable batters in cricket, showcasing remarkable versatility to adapt to any batting role in the order and her prowess as a wicketkeeper. Her journey began with the Queensland Fire in 2009-10 where she made a significant impact, during the 2012-13 season, boasting an impressive average of 44 including four half-centuries.

Mooney’s international debut came in January 2016, stepping in for an injured Alyssa Healy, against India in T20I, shortly after she marked her ODI debut with a half-century against New Zealand. Despite Healy’s return for the T20 World Cup later that year, Mooney retained her place showcasing her batting prowess with maiden international hundreds in both ODIs and T20Is.

Beth Mooney has accumulated 2764 runs from 89 innings, maintaining an impressive average of 41.25 and a formidable strike rate of 123.50 in her T20I career, which includes two centuries and 22 half-centuries, showcasing her consistency and ability to anchor innings. She achieved her highest T20I total of 117 not out, which also stands as the highest runs scored by a player from the losing side.

Mooney’s impact was equally profound leading Brisbane Heat to consecutive Women Big Bash League titles before joining Perth Scorchers and playing a crucial role in their title-winning campaign in 2021-22. Later that year, she was the Gold medallist at the 2022 Commonwealth Games.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Bangladesh vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Gujarat giants, last year, bought Mooney for a whopping price of INR 2 crore. She was poised to lead the charge for GG in the inaugural season, however, an untimely calf injury limited her participation to just one game and this setback proved costly for GG as they stood at the bottom of the points table.

For this year’s WPL, the seasoned Australian cricketer brings her wealth of experience to Gujarat giants in the 2024 WPL. Ranked no. 1 in the ICC WT20I batters list, Mooney brings along consistency, an aggressive approach, a promise to anchor the innings, and impressive leadership qualities.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here