Match 3: Denmark v Sweden Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the 2022 Women’s T20I Nordic Cup will be played between Denmark and Sweden on May 28 at Guttsta Wicked Cricket Ground in Kolsva, Sweden. Denmark will be playing their first-ever T20I.

Head-to-Head

This will be the first T20I that the two teams will play against each other.

Sweden Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Sweden Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Squads

Denmark: Ane Andersen, Sigrid Buchwaldt, Luise Christensen, Nita Dalgaard, Tine Erichsen, Divya Golechha, Natasha Holmgaard, Maria Karlsen, Annette Lyngby, Kristine Mosumgaard, Ronja Nielsen, Charlotte Pallesen, Sofie Petersen, Anne-Sofie Slebsager

Sweden: Gunjan Shukla (c), Kanchan Rana (vc), Meghana Alugunoolla (wk), Eman Asim, Sophie Elmsjoo, Daisy Holm, Neeha Kayani, Sienna Linden, Signe Lundell, Surya Ravuri, Abhilasha Singh, Rashmi Somashekhar, Anya Vaidya, Tzoulietta Zilfidou

Players to watch

Annette Braarup Lyng: She is one of the best all-rounders in the Denmark team. With the bat, she has scored 128 runs in the T20 format, which is the highest in the team and with the ball, she has scalped six wickets.

Divya Golecha: She is a wicket-keeper and a right handed batter from Denmark. She has mustered 67 runs in T20s. Apart from this, she can also bowl right-arm medium pace and has accounted for nine wickets.

Gunjan Shukla: The captain of Sweden won the player of the match in her last outing against Norway. The left-arm seamer struck with 1-5 in four overs. She bowled well in the middle overs and steered the team to a nine-wicket win.

Kanchan Rana: The right handed opening batter of Sweden top-scored with an unbeaten 27 off 28 balls in her last outing against Norway. She led the run chase from the front as she took the attack to the opposition.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 1: Spirit v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

The wicket is not too conducive for batting. In the three women’s T20Is that have been played at this venue, none of the teams has gone past the 100-run mark. The cloudy conditions may assist the bowlers, especially the fast bowlers. Teams batting second have won all the three matches.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy and could see a shower. The average temperature will be around 14 degrees Celsius. There will be 90 percent cloud cover and 80 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Divya Golechha, Signe Lundell, Abhilasha Singh, Kanchan Rana, Natasha Cecilie Holm, Annette Braarup Lyng, Anya Vaidya, Gunjan Shukla, Daisy Holm, Ronja Thoger Nielsen, Surya Ravuri

Match details

Date: May 28, 2022

Time: 1.30PM IST

Venue: Guttsta Wicked Cricket Ground, Kolsva

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here