Final: Velocity  v Supernovas | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The final match of the Women’s T20 Challenge will be played on May 28 between Velocity and Supernovas at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune.

Match Preview – Final: Velocity  v Supernovas

Supernovas vs Velocity - Finals of Women's T20 Challenge 2022
Supernovas vs Velocity – Finals of Women’s T20 Challenge 2022

Head to Head

Four matches have been played between them with both the teams winning two matches each.

Squads

Velocity: Deepti Sharma (c), Sneh Rana (VC), Shafali Verma, Ayabonga Khaka, KP Navgire, Kathryn Cross, Keerthi James, Laura Wolvaardt, Maya Sonawane, Natthakan Chantham, Radha Yadav, Aarti Kedar, Shivali Shinde, Simran Bahadur, Yastika Bhatia, Pranavi Chandra

Supernovas: Harmanpreet Kaur (captain), Taniya Bhatia, Alana King, Ayush Soni, Chandu V, Deandra Dottin, Harleen Deol, Meghna Singh, Monica Patel, Muskan Malik, Pooja Vastrakar, Priya Punia, Rashi Kanojia, Sophie Ecclestone, Sune Luus, Mansi Joshi

Players to watch out for

Laura Wolvaardt: 

The right handed opening batter from South Africa, who plays in the middle order for Velocity has been in good touch in the Women’s T20 Challenge. She has scored 68 runs in two matches, including one half-century. She has been like the glue that has kept Velocity batting together.

Kiran Navgire:

The right handed swashbuckling batter from Velocity took the world by storm as she muscled 69 runs off 34 balls against Trailblazers in her Women’s T20 Challenge debut match. She smashed five boundaries and as many sixes during her blitzkrieg.

Harmanpreet Kaur: 

The captain of Supernovas won the player of the match in her last outing against Velocity. The right-handed middle order batter hammered 71 runs off 51 balls, including seven boundaries and three sixes. Apart from her batting, she can also offer a bit of off spin.

Also Read:  Ayushmann Khurrana impressed with Jemimah Rodrigues and Laura Wolvaardt's singing talent

Pooja Vastrakar:

This right arm Indian speedster who plays for Supernovas is the leading wicket-taker of this year’s Women’s T20 Challenge with five wickets in two matches. Her best performance of 4-12 came against Trailblazers in the tournament opener. Apart from her bowling, she is more than a handy middle order batter.

Pitch

In the last match that was played here more than 260 runs were scored. So far, the average first innings score at this venue in this tournament has been 169 and the average second innings score has been 146. Teams batting first have won two out of the three matches. It is expected to be a belter of a wicket. A high scoring contest is on the cards. 

Weather

The weather is expected to be breezy in the evening; otherwise partly cloudy and warm. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 34 percent with just three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Taniya Bhatia, Deandra Dottin, Kiran Navgire, Harleen Deol, Laura Wolvaardt, Shafali Verma, Pooja Vastrakar, Harmanpreet Kaur, Alana King, Sophie Ecclestone, Kate Cross

Match details 

Date: May 28, 2022

Time: 7.30 pm IST

Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune

Live streaming: Disney+Hotstar, Star Sports 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  How many Overseas Players will participate in Women's Big Bash League 2021?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here