Milestones Approaching during Match 15 between New Zealand Women vs Sri Lanka Women

The fifteenth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 between New Zealand and Sri Lanka is set to be a pivotal clash for both teams. New Zealand is eyeing a top two finish to secure their place in the knockout stage, while Sri Lanka is still searching for their first win of the tournament, looking to end their campaign on a high note. The match also holds individual milestones for several key players from both sides.

Milestones Approaching during Match 15 between New Zealand Women vs Sri Lanka Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching during Match 15 between New Zealand Women vs Sri Lanka Women. PC: Getty

Harshitha Samarawickrama is 4 runs away from 1500 T20I runs

Sri Lanka’s Harshitha Samarawickrama is on the verge of a significant milestone, needing just 4 runs to reach 1,500 T20I runs. She would become only the second Sri Lankan woman, after Chamari Athapaththu, to achieve this feat. The 26 years old has struggled in the current tournament, accumulating just 33 runs from 3 matches.

Chamari Athapaththu is 1 match away from her 250th international appearance and 3 wickets away from 100 International wickets

Sri Lankan captain Chamari Athapaththu is poised for a double milestone as she prepares for her 250th international appearance. Having played 107 ODIs and 142 T20Is, Athapaththu has been a cornerstone of Sri Lankan women’s cricket. In addition to this landmark, she is also just 3 wickets away from reaching 100 international wickets, further cementing her legacy as a prolific all-rounder.

Kavisha Dilhari is 6 runs away from 1000 international runs

Young all-rounder Kavisha Dilhari is just 6 runs shy of reaching 1,000 international runs, with 482 ODI runs and 512 T20I runs to her name. She has been a bright spot in an otherwise challenging tournament for Sri Lanka, top scoring with 21 against India. Dilhari’s contributions with the ball have also been crucial, having taken 51 T20I wickets, making her a key player to watch.

Also Read:  Harshitha Samarawickrama named ICC Women's Player of the Month for August 2024

Suzie Bates is 19 runs away from 4500 T20I runs

For New Zealand, veteran Suzie Bates is on the brink of another historic achievement. She currently holds the record for the most T20I runs in history—male or female—with 4,481 runs from 167 matches. Bates is just 19 runs away from becoming the first cricketer to surpass the 4,500-run mark in T20Is. Despite not being at her best against Australia, where she scored 20 off 27 balls, Bates will be determined to bounce back in this crucial game.

Brooke Halliday is 26 runs away from 1000 international runs

Brooke Halliday, a key middle-order player for New Zealand, is just 26 runs away from reaching 1,000 international runs. With 661 runs in ODIs and 313 in T20Is, Halliday will look to contribute to her team’s success in this important fixture.

Historically, New Zealand has dominated Sri Lanka, winning 12 of their 13 encounters. The match is set to begin at 3:30 PM IST at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, and with milestones and high stakes on the line, it promises to be an exciting contest.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket