Milestones Approaching | Match 1 | BAN vs SCO | ICC Women’s T20WC 2024

The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 is not just a tournament—it’s a stage for unforgettable moments and career-defining milestones. As the action kicks off on October 3rd with Bangladesh facing Scotland, a few standout players are on the verge of adding extraordinary achievements to their already impressive resumes.

Milestones Approaching Match 1 BAN vs SCO ICC Women's T20WC 2024. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching Match 1 BAN vs SCO ICC Women’s T20WC 2024. PC: Getty

Scotland’s Kathryn Bryce is set to etch her name in history, becoming the first Scottish woman to lead her nation at a T20 World Cup. But that’s not the only milestone she’s eyeing. With 46 wickets from 45 T20I matches, Bryce is just four dismissals away from joining the elite 50-wicket club. Once she crosses that threshold, she will be only the second Scottish cricketer ever to do so after Abtaha Maqsood, who currently holds 54 T20I wickets.

Turning to Bangladesh, skipper Nigar Sultana Joty is on the brink of two massive milestones. At just 27, she will become the first Bangladeshi cricketer—male or female—to feature in 100 T20 Internationals, a testament to her consistency and leadership. But the journey doesn’t stop there. Joty is also just 56 runs shy of reaching 2000 career T20I runs, having already accumulated 1944 runs across her 99 matches. Her prowess with the bat has set her far apart from her peers, with Fargana Hoque, Bangladesh’s next highest scorer, trailing her by over 600 runs at 1253.

Joty became the first Bangladeshi cricketer to score a T20I century, smashing a dazzling 113 off 65 balls against the Maldives in 2019. In a breathtaking coincidence, her teammate Fargana Hoque followed up with her own century in the same match, a blistering 110 off just 53 balls.

Also Read:  Where to watch Warm-up Match 6 – Scotland vs Sri Lanka Women? Live Streaming Details

Meanwhile, another Bangladeshi star is closing in on a historic milestone. Nahida Akhter, known for her deadly accuracy and game-changing ability, is just one wicket away from becoming the first Bangladeshi cricketer to take 100 T20I wickets. With 99 wickets from 87 matches, Akhter stands on the brink of joining an exclusive club of bowlers in the women’s game. Her record-breaking 5 for 8 against Pakistan on October 23rd, 2023, remains the best bowling performance by any Bangladeshi player in T20 cricket.

The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 is shaping up to be a tournament for the ages. With players like Kathryn Bryce, Nigar Sultana Joty, and Nahida Akhter chasing personal milestones while eyeing victory for their respective teams.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket