Match 2: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The second match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between England and West Indies on February 11 at Boland Park in Paarl. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 2: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Head-to-Head

England and West Indies have played 27 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 18, and West Indies have won nine.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Katherine Sciver-Brunt, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danni Wyatt

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Shemaine Campbelle (vc), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Trishan Holder, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Sophie Ecclestone:

The wily left-arm spinner of England was the pick of the bowlers in her last warm-up match against New Zealand. Coming into bowl as the first change, she snapped 19/3 in three overs. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and death overs.

Sophia Dunkley: 

The right-handed opening batter of England starred with the bat in the last warm-up game against New Zealand. She muscled an unbeaten 60 off 38, including seven boundaries and a six. She led the run chase from the front and guided her team to a five-wicket win chasing 115.

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies was at the helm of the run chase in the last warm-up encounter against Sri Lanka. The right-handed opening batter mustered 46 off 48, including four boundaries and a six.

Also Read:  Who said what about the ICC Women’s World Cup 2023?

She also claimed 17/3 in four overs, bowling off-spin, and was the most successful bowler for her side.

Chinelle Henry: 

She is a genuine all-rounder of the West Indies. In her last warm-up fixture against Sri Lanka, she muscled an undefeated 16 off 14, including one boundary. She opened the bowling and bowled a couple of overs of right-arm medium pace, giving away 12 runs. She is known for her raw pace.

Pitch

The venue has hosted three women’s T20Is, out of which teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won one. A warm-up match was played here on February 8 between Pakistan and South Africa Women. 285 runs were scored, and only nine wickets fell in that fixture. Expect a similar kind of surface that will offer plenty of runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to see blazing sunshine, and it will be very hot. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 41 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Danielle Wyatt, Heather Knight, Sophia Dunkley, Stafanie Taylor, Alice Capsey, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Katherine Brunt, Natalie Sciver, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: February 11, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Boland Park, Paarl

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  England's squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 announced, Alice Capsey returns
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here