Match 1: South Africa v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The ICC Women’s World T20 2023 kick starts on February 10 in South Africa, with the hosts taking on Sri Lanka at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL).

Match 1: South Africa v Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Squads

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Annerie Dercksen, Marizanne Kapp, Lara Goodall, Ayabonga Khaka, Chloe Tryon, Nadine de Klerk, Shabnim Ismail, Tazmin Brits, Masabata Klaas, Laura Wolvaardt, Sinalo Jafta, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Anneke Bosch, Delmi Tucker

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Oshadi Ranasinghe, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Anushka Sanjeewani, Kaushini Nuthyangana, Malsha Shehani, Inoka Ranaweera, Sugandika Kumari, Achini Kulasuriya, Vishmi Gunaratne, Tharika Sewwandi, Ama Kanchana, Sathya Sandeepani

Players to watch

Ayabonga Khaka:

The right-arm speedster of South Africa was the pick of the bowlers in her last warm-up match against Pakistan. She scalped 23/2 in three overs, coming into bowl as the first change. She was effective in the middle and death overs.

Laura Wolvaardt: 

The right-handed opening batter of South Africa starred with the bat in the last warm-up game against Pakistan. She muscled 65 off 42, including five boundaries and three sixes. She stitched a 107-run partnership with her opening partner Tazmin Brits, to set the tone for the run chase.

Nilakshi de Silva: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of Sri Lanka top-scored with a 26-ball 29 in the last warm-up encounter against West Indies. She smashed a couple of boundaries and a six in her valiant innings.

Kavisha Dilhari: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of Sri Lanka was one of the three wicket-takers for her side in her last warm-up fixture against West Indies. She snapped 11/1 in three overs and was the most economical bowler. She also scored 15 off 18, including one boundary.

Also Read:  Chamari Athapaththu to lead Sri Lanka's squad for Commonwealth Games 2022

Pitch

The venue has hosted five women’s T20Is, out of which teams batting first have won four, and the teams batting second have won. The average first innings score is 130, and the average second innings score is 113. Expect a fresh surface that will offer plenty of runs. A run feast could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Anushka Sanjeewani, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Laura Wolvaardt, Nilakshi de Silva, Sune Luus, Chamari Athapaththu, Kavisha Dilhari, Marizanne Kapp, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Ayabonga Khaka, Inoka Ranaweera

Match details

Date: February 10, 2023

Time: 10.30 PM IST (7 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here