200-days countdown begins for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

Pic Credits

The 200-days countdown for the opening match of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 has begun. The first match of the premier tournament is set to be played between hosts Australia Women and India Women on 21st February, 2020.

The ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Local Organizing Committee announced that a number of leaders across Australia have pledged their support as ‘2020 Champions’, thus inspiring people to take part and continue the positive momentum in sport for women and girls. A few quotes of ‘2020 Champions’ are as follows:

Elizabeth Broderick AO, UN Special Rapporteur said, We know that a single sporting event can shift hearts and minds in ways that might otherwise take years or even decades. Seeing our entire community get behind the growth of women’s cricket and this event in particular will send a powerful message globally.”

General Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC: Former Governor-General of Australia said,“ I am delighted to throw my support behind cricket’s T20 World Cup in 2020, especially Australia’s big ambitions for the Women’s T20 World Cup. I am confident that the Women’s T20 World Cup next year will only accelerate the growth of the game for women and girls here locally and around the world.”

Speaking about ‘2020 Champions’ program, ICC T20 World Cup Local Organising Committee CEO, Nick Hockley said, “The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup is an opportunity to showcase equality through sport on the global stage.”

Kanika Parineeta

‘Gully’ cricket player and close observer of Indian Cricket team and it’s matches. Straight forward and still socially admirable personality. Strong belief in teamwork and possess high leadership skills.

Also Read:  Back from Injury, Poonam Yadav injures Australia by 17 Runs in Opening Clash
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here