‘It’s the biggest cricket game in the world!’ Says Katy Perry

On March 8, youth icon Katy Perry will perform the song ‘Roar’ in pre and post shows at the ICC T20 Women’s World Cup cricket final in the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

Katy Perry
Katy Perry. (Pic Credits: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP)

The 35-year-old showed off her pregnancy glow on Saturday while talking about the hype of ‘biggest cricket game in the world’.

‘I’m hearing the ticket number over the past couple of days is going up subtly,’ Katy said to 7News  being excited about the fact that she would be performing in front of more 90,000 fans.

She added: ‘Especially who now playing, which is so exciting. That’s the biggest cricket game in the world right there, female or not.’

She later told 9News it was the first show she would be performing since she announced her pregnancy and said: ‘It’s own female-centric vibe about it’.

India and Australia qualified for the finals on the same day when Katy revealed her pregnancy.

Though Katy cannot wait to perform at the momentous cricket match, she had admitted to the Herald Sun she’s not a big fan of the sport.

‘I don’t really know how to play and have never played so it’s foreign to me but I love the community of sport and it’s similar to the community of music,’ the Hot N Cold hit-maker said.

She added: ‘They are all shouting the same thing all feeling the same energy and you can make friends with a stranger right next to you because you support the same team.’

Katy Perry
Katy Perry with Indian Women’s Team. Pic Credits: ICC

‘There is camaraderie and community in a sport which is kind of scarce these days, so I feel it’s a lot like music which is why I love it.’

Also Read:  Kim Cotton, Ahsan Raza to officiate in Women's T20 World Cup Final

Katy is expecting her first child with fiancé Orlando Bloom. She flaunted her blossoming baby bump at the Australian press event.

The pop singer was wearing a multicolored elasticated cocktail dress with a ruffled finish. She was spotted hugging her figure allowed for a clear glimpse of her growing bump.

Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here