Narendra Hirwani helped me clear my often jumbled up mindset: says Radha Yadav

Radha Yadav has lived up the expectation of her bowling coach Narendra Hirwani as she claimed her career-best figures in India’s seven-wicket win over Sri Lanka in ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020.

Radha Yadav. Pic Credits: ICC
Radha Yadav. Pic Credits: ICC

So far, India’s spinners have shown their potential time and again, stealing the show and by being an undefeated team of the T20 World Cup in Australia.

Radha Yadav is currently the talk of the town as she cast a spell with four-wickets to stop Sri Lanka to 113 for 9 and leading India to victory in Melbourne.

Radha Yadav was not in the starting XI when Poonam Yadav baffled the crowd with her spinning skills against Australia.

Radha, however, outshined everyone with her brilliant performance against Sri Lanka today. The left-arm, however, was reluctant to take any credits herself as she thanked former leg-spinner Hirwani for supporting her to return to her best form.

Radha Yadav and Deepti Sharma celebrate Sri Lankan wicket
Radha Yadav and Deepti Sharma celebrate Sri Lankan wicket. Pic Credits: ICC

“I knew if I got the opportunity, I could help the team win,” said Yadav.

“It feels great when you do something good for your team. I worked hard for the last two weeks and I’m really happy it paid off. Click To Tweet

“Coach Narendra [Hirwani] has been with us since the West Indies tour last year in November. He has definitely worked a lot on my bowling.

“My mindset often gets jumbled up and I start overthinking about a lot of things, especially my action and my deliveries in general, but he has supported me a lot by freeing my mind up and clearing the clutter.

Also Read:  Preview: 5th T20 – India Women vs West Indies Women, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report

“We were working hard for this, so I’m really happy that we have won four consecutive matches. I’m feeling good in general now and I want to do even better in the semi-finals.”

Captain Chamari Athapaththu, who scored 33 with the bat, realizes that miss fielding and dropped catches have cost them heavy but also recognizes the need for support from her team.

“We dropped Sophie Devine twice, then we dropped Rachael Haynes twice and now Shafali Verma,” said Athapaththu.

“Catches win matches, and we have to be taking them when aggressive batters give them, otherwise we can’t stop them.

“Hopefully our batting unit steps up in the next game. We don’t have many experienced batters, so I have to try and stay there and play my positive cricket.

“The whole batting line-up depends on me, so we are trying to improve that area in the next couple of months.” she concluded.

Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here