Mel Jones support Sophie Devine to break Deandra Dottin’s Fastest Century Record

Former Cricketer as well as World Cup winner Mel Jones predicts that Women’s T20 World Cup will see White Ferns Sophie Devine thrashing the record of the fastest century donned by Caribbean Deandra Dottin.

Mel Jones
Mel Jones (Getty Images)

“My bold prediction is that Deandra Dottin’s 38-ball hundred might just go this World Cup and if it does I think it will be Sophie Devine,” Jones said on this week’s episode of The Unplayable Podcast as quoted by www.cricket.com.au.

“There is no ground big enough for her and she’s the leading wicket-taker in T20s with the ball for New Zealand as well. She has just this presence, she’s a captain now so I think definitely her from New Zealand (is one to watch).”

Sophie Devine is going through a purple patch, her form will definitely increase the chances of World Cup title contenders for New Zealand. She recently scored a maiden T20 international century, she scored 105 runs from 65 balls against South Africa in Wellington, her inning included a lot of phenomenal shots, 12 fours and 3 sixes.

“Yes, you’ve got big X-factor players like an Ash Gardner coming in and just bombing sixes left, right and center and that might get you over the line but it might be a four-ball spell somewhere in the middle that changes the game.

“Fielding, as always, is critical – if you don’t bring your A-game there you won’t get through. I think you can look back over it and say the little moments in games right throughout where someone in the team put their hand up and won it and collectively that will get them over the line,” Jones said.

Also Read:  Preview: 50th Match- Melbourne Renegades v/s Melbourne Stars, Squads, Head-to-Head, Probable XI, Pitch, Weather Report, Game prediction, Fantasy Players

New Zealand will play their World Cup opener against Sri Lanka on 22nd February.

Source: Hindustan Times

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here