3rd Place Play-Off: Samoa vs Vanuatu | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

The Women’s Twenty20 International (T20I) Pacific Cup will feature a contest between Samoa and Vanuatu in the 3rd place playoff fixture. The game will be played at Lloyd Elsmore Park 1, Auckland, on the 21st of January 2024, at 3:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd Place Play-Off: Samoa vs Vanuatu | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Squads:

Samoa – Regina Lili’i (C), Carol Agafili, Ailaoa Aoina, Luella Bracey, Tualili Iosefo, Olive Lefaga, Leitu Leong, Avetia Mapu, Francesca Nafanua, Norah Salima, Jacinta Sanele, Tuaolao Semau, Fa’aiuga Sisifo, Jane Taliilagi, Lagi Telea, Eleni Vaaetasi

Vanuatu – Selina Solman (C), Alvina Chilia (VC), Rachel Andrew, Maiyllise Carlot (WK), Gillian Chilia, Leimauri Chilia, Lizzing Enoch, Natalia Kakor, Valenta Langiatu, Vicky Mansale, Nasimana Navaika, Rayline Ova, Mahina Tarimiala (WK), Vanessa Vira

Players to watch out:

Regina Lili’i

The 37-year-old all-rounder, from 16 T20I appearances, averaging 35.54, has accumulated 391 runs, including the highest of 51, while also taking a couple of wickets from as many innings. Regina is the batter in form with scores of 35, 18, 14, 1, and 30 against her name and will be counted on for the runs.

Ailaoa Aoina

The 18-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 12 outings, has added 86 runs to the tally and struck 18 wickets from 11 bowling innings. Ailaoa, while not contributing much with the bat in this competition, has impressive bowling figures of 1/29, 3/18, 3/6, and 2/18. The team will bank on her for the goods.

Valenta Langiatu

The 23-year-old all-rounder has amassed 573 runs, including the best of 87*, from 34 outings and also struck 11 wickets from as many outings. Valenta hasn’t bowled in this competition, while with the bat, though kicking off her campaign with a 61, has since managed starts and will be backed to capitalize on them.

Also Read:  All You Need To Know about Women's T20I Pacific Cup 2024

Nasimana Navaika

The 28-year-old all-rounder has added 351 runs and 34 wickets to her tally from 30 T20Is, with bests of 47* and 4/15. Nasimana followed her strings of starts with a career-best of 47*, while with the ball, she has returned successive figures of 2/20, 0/25, and 3/7. It’ll be expected that she makes the most of this form.

Pitch:

With an average score in the 90s, the 22 yards at the Lloyd Elsmore Park 1 makes up a well-balanced pitch that offers a fair contest between bat and ball. While batters find delight in the wicket, bowlers, particularly pacers hold the upper hand.

Weather:

The conditions at Lloyd Elsmore Park are forecasted to be clear and pleasant for cricket, with a party cloudy overhead. The temperature is expected to hover around 27°C, with light winds and humidity of 88%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Mahina Tarimiala, Regina Lili’i, Valenta Langiatu, Jacinta Sanele, Selina Solman, Tualili Iosefo, Rachel Andrew, Lagi Telea, Nasimana Navaika, Ailaoa Aoina, Vicky Mansale

Match details:

Date – January 21, 2024

Time – 3:00 AM IST

Venue – Lloyd Elsmore Park 1, Auckland

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the New Zealand Cricket YouTube channel.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here