Match 6: Windward Islands v Jamaica Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The sixth match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 9 between Windward Islands and Jamaica at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Match 6: Windward Islands v Jamaica Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Windward Islands: Afy Fletcher (Captain), Malika Edward, Edelyn Turtin, Akeira Peters, Ashlene Edward, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Kimone Homer, Carena Noel, Jannelia Glasgow, Japhina Joseph, Stacy Ann Adams, Tracy Byron, Pearl Etienne

Jamaica: Stafanie Taylor (Captain), Rashada Williams, Tameka Sandford, Natasha McLean, Jodian Morgan, Vanessa Watts, Keneshia Ferron, Neisha-Ann Waisome, Chinelle Henry, Jerona Walcott, Corrine Howell, Chedean Nation, Jody-Ann Brown, Celina Whyte

Players to watch

Kimone Homer: 

The left-handed opening batter of Windward Islands top-scored with 11 runs off 29 balls in her last outing against Leeward Islands. She struck a couple of boundaries in her innings. Windward Islands will want Homer to provide them with a steady start going into the next match against Jamaica.

Pearl Etienne: 

This right arm speedster from Windward Islands was the top performer with the ball in her last match against Leeward Islands. She bowled well with the new ball picking up 2-8 in four overs, including two maiden overs.

Chinelle Henry: 

The all-rounder from Jamaica made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last outing against Trinidad & Tobago. With the bat, she muscled 52 runs off 38 balls, including seven boundaries and with the ball claimed 2-20 in three overs, including one maiden.

Neisha-Ann Waisome: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Jamaica wreaked havoc with the ball as she struck with 5-8 in four overs against Trinidad & Tobago in her last game. She rattled the opposition with her consistency and was the most economical bowler for her team. She bowled exceedingly well in the middle overs.

Also Read:  Match 1: Leeward Islands v Windward Islands | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

The first day of the tournament saw three matches being played. Teams batting first won two and the team batting second won one. The average first innings score was 92 and the average second innings score was 64. The venue did not offer too much assistance to the batters. On the other hand, the cloudy conditions aided the bowlers which made them effective. Expect a riveting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

A morning thunderstorm in parts of the area and considerable cloudiness is expected. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 44 percent chance of rain and 100 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Natasha McLean, Kimone Homer, Malika Edward, Chedean Nation, Chinelle Henry, Pearl Etienne, Stafanie Taylor, Neisha-Ann Waisome, Jannillea Glasgow, Afy Fletcher

Match details

Date: June 10, 2022

Time: 4.30 AM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here