Match 5: Leeward Islands v Barbados Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fifth match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 9 between Leeward Islands and Barbados at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Female Cricket Interviews Anju Tomar - Uttarakhand Women's Cricket Captain
Match 5: Leeward Islands v Barbados Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Leeward Islands: Terez Parker, Tynetta McKoy, Davanna Claxton, Jenisen Richards, Rosalia Dolabaille, Melicia Clarke, Arsheena Freeman, Saneldo Willett, Tiffany Thorpe, Tonya Martin, Sidella Bellot, Shawnisha Hector, Rozel Liburd, Amanda Edwards

Barbados: Hayley Matthews (Captain), Shakera Selman, Kycia Knight, Kyshona Knight, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shanika Bruce, Shai Carrington, Shaunte Carrington, Shamilia Connell, NaiJanni Cumberbatch, Trishan Holder, Alisa Scantlebury, Charlene Taitt, Aaliyah Williams

Players to watch

Rosalie Dolabaille:

The left-handed top order batter of Leeward Islands led the run chase from the front against Windward Islands in her last outing. She top-scored with 21 runs off 46 balls. She came in to bat in the very first over of the match and was there till the 17th over.

Jenison Richards:

This right arm off spinner from Leeward Islands was the wrecker-in-chief as she scalped 3-7 in four overs, including one maiden against Windward Islands in the last match. She was the most economical bowler in the team.

Hayley Matthews:

The captain of Barbados, who opened the batting in her last match against Guyana starred with the bat as she muscled 35 runs off 44 balls. She was the lone warrior in the fight as she was the only batter to register a double-digit score for Barbados.

Aaliyah Alleyne:

She was the pick of the bowlers for Barbados in her last outing against Guyana. The right-arm seamer bagged 3-18 in four overs. She bowled consistent lines and lengths in the middle overs and also at the death.

Also Read:  Which 8 West Indies Cricketers could make their Women's ODI World Cup debut this year?

Pitch

The first day of the tournament saw three matches being played. Teams batting first won two and the team batting second won one. The average first innings score was 92 and the average second innings score was 64. The venue did not offer too much assistance to the batters. On the other hand, the cloudy conditions aided the bowlers which made them effective. Expect a riveting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

A morning thunderstorm in parts of the area and considerable cloudiness is expected. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 44 percent chance of rain and 100 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kycia Knight, Rosalie Dolabaille, Kyshona Knight, Saneldo Willett, Jenison Richards, Hayley Matthews, Tiffany Thorpe, Deandra Dottin, Shakera Selman, Shamilia Connell, Aaliyah Alleyne

Match details

Date: June 10, 2022

Time: 12.00AM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here