Match 6: Otago Sparks v Auckland Hearts | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The sixth match of the Women’s Super Smash will be played between Otago Sparks and Auckland Hearts on December 29 at John Davies Oval in Queenstown. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL).

Match 6: Otago Sparks v Auckland Hearts | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

While Otago Sparks will play their third game of the competition, having won one and lost one, Auckland Hearts will feature in their second, having lost their last match.

Squads

Otago Sparks: Bella James, Felicity Leydon-Davis, Olivia Gain, Paige Loggenberg, Saffron Wilson, Suzie Bates (c), Caitlin Blakely, Gemma Adams, Kate Ebrahim, Jordan Meltzer (Wk), Polly Inglis (Wk), Sophie Gray (Wk), Chloe Deerness, Eden Carson, Emma Black, Hayley Jensen, Molly Loe, Sophie Oldershaw

Auckland Hearts: Izzy Gaze (Wk), Sarah Carnachan (Wk), Katie Perkins, Lauren Down (c), Saachi Shahri, Prue Catton, Skye Bowden, Emma Irwin, Makayla Templeton, Holly Huddleston, Bella Armstrong, Anna Browning, Sydney Bultitude, Molly Penfold, Arlene Kelly, Fran Jonas, Josie Penfold, Amie Hucker, Amberly Parr-Thompson, Bree Illing

Players to Watch

Suzie Bates: 

The captain and right-handed opening batter of Otago Sparks scored a brilliant century in her last outing against Northern Brave. She muscled an unbeaten 101 off 67, including eight boundaries and four sixes. She put together 128 runs for the third wicket with Kate Ebrahim.

Kate Ebrahim: 

The talented all-rounder of Otago Sparks made valuable contributions with bat and ball in the last match against Northern Brave. The right-handed middle-order batter smashed 52 off 32, hitting five boundaries and a six. She claimed 27/2 in four overs with the ball, bowling right-arm medium pace.

Also Read:  All you need to know about Women's Super Smash 2022-23 

Arlene Kelly: 

The right-arm speedster of Auckland Hearts was one of the three wicket-takers for her side in the last fixture against Canterbury Magicians. Coming into bowl as the first change, she accounted for 17/1 in three overs and was the most economical bowler. She bowled well in the death overs, striking in the 18th over.

Saachi Shahri:

The right-handed opening batter of Auckland Hearts top-scored for her team in her last appearance against Canterbury Magicians. She hammered 68 off 55, including eight hits to the fence. She shared a 60-run stand with skipper Lauren Down for the second wicket.

Pitch

It will be the second game of the tournament at the venue. The last match saw more than 300 runs being scored, and 10 wickets fell in the process. The wicket looks good for batting. Another high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to see some sun, then turn cloudy. It will not be that warm. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 23 degrees Celsius. There will be a 60 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Polly Inglis, Suzie Bates, Saachi Shahri, Lauren Down, Kate Ebrahim, Bella Armstrong, Caitlin Blakely, Emma Black, Hayley Jensen, Arlene Kelly, Molly Penfold

Match details

Date: December 29, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL)

Venue: John Davies Oval, Queenstown

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  1st T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here