Match 7: Central Hinds v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh match of the Women’s Super Smash will be played between Central Hinds and Canterbury Magicians on December 30 at Pukekura Park in New Plymouth. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL).

Match 7: Central Hinds v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

While Central Hinds will play their second game of the competition, having lost the last one, Canterbury Magicians will feature in their third, having won both their previous games.

Squads

Central Hinds: Natalie Dodd (wk), Kate Gaging, Kerry-Anne Tomlinson, Emily Cunningham, Gemma Sims, Cate Pedersen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Watkin (c), Mikaela Greig, Georgia Atkinson, Ocean Bartlett, Claudia Green, Rosemary Mair, Melissa Hansen, Monique Rees, Ashtuti Kumar, Anna Gaging

Canterbury Magicians: Laura Hughes (wk), Kirsty Nation, Allie Mace-Cochrane, Natalie Cox, Abigale Gerken, Emma Kench, Amy Satterthwaite (c), Frances Mackay, Jacinta Savage, Georgia Edge, Lea Tahuhu, Sarah Asmussen, Gabby Sullivan, Melissa Banks, Jessica Simmons, Kate Sims, Jodie Dean, Kristy Havill

Players to Watch

Natalie Dodd: 

The wicket-keeper and right-handed opening batter of Central Hinds top-scored with 37 off 35 in her last outing against Wellington Blaze. She muscled four boundaries in her innings and stitched a 50-run partnership with Mikaela Greig for the fourth wicket.

Hannah Rowe:

The right-arm speedster of Central Hinds was the pick of the bowlers in the last match against Wellington Blaze. She claimed 33/2 in four overs. She bowled well in the death overs, striking in the 16th and 20th overs.

Lea Tahuhu: 

The star all-rounder of Canterbury Magicians was one of the two wicket-takers for her team in the last fixture against Auckland Hearts. The right-arm pace sensation accounted for 24/1 in four overs, opening the bowling with Melissa Banks. Besides her bowling, she can be a handy middle-order batter.

Also Read:  Match 23: Central Hinds v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Amy Satterthwaite:

The captain of Canterbury Magicians led the run chase from the front with an unbeaten 50 off 46 in her last appearance against Auckland Hearts. The southpaw peppered the boundary rope five times in her match-winning innings. She also bowled four overs of off-spin and gave away 19 runs.

Pitch

It will be the first game of the tournament at the venue. Expect a fresh wicket that will offer plenty of runs. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards. With the weather looking good for a complete day of cricket, expect an exciting battle between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and pleasant. It will be breezy in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be a 25 percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Laura Hughes, Natalie Dodd, Kate Anderson, Natalie Cox, Mikaela Greig, Amy Satterthwaite, Jess Watkin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu, Gabby Sullivan, Georgia Atkinson

Match details

Date: December 30, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (11 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Pukekura Park, New Plymouth

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here