Day 5: Jincy George’s Century powered Kerala to a Win over Mumbai in Senior One Day Trophy

The Women’s Senior One Day Tournament saw half a dozen matches being played on Monday, 14th March 2020. In this article, we will have a quick look at all six fixtures.

Kerala vs Mumbai

Kerala State Cricketers Jincy George and Minnu Mani with Coach Suman Sharma. PC: Twitter
Kerala State Cricketers Jincy George and Minnu Mani with Coach Suman Sharma. PC: Twitter

Kerala took on Mumbai in round two of the Elite Group D. Batting first, Kerala posted a respectable 233-5 in 50 overs. In reply, Mumbai could only manage 186-9 in its full quota of 50 overs, falling short of 47 runs. The top performers in the match were Jincy George (107 not out) and Minnu Mani (56 runs and 2-29 in 10 overs) from Kerala and Vrushali Bhagat (52 runs) from Mumbai.

Madhya Pradesh vs Nagaland

In the same group, Madhya Pradesh locked horns with Nagaland. Batting first, Nagaland was dismissed for just 27 runs in 16.5 overs. In reply, Madhya Pradesh overhauled the target with ease in just 2.4 overs, winning the match by 10 wickets. The top performers in the match were Priti Yadav (5-11 in 6.5 overs) and Pooja Vastrakar (26 not out and 3-7 in 6 overs) from Madhya Pradesh.

Baroda vs Punjab

The third match of the day in Elite Group D was played between Baroda and Punjab. Batting first, Baroda made 201-5 in 50 overs, and in reply, Punjab was bowled out for 137 in 36.2 overs, losing the match by 64 runs. The top performers of the match were Amrita Joseph (76 runs) and Tanvir Shaikh (4-32 in 10 overs) from Baroda and Kanika Ahuja (35 runs) and Mehak Kesar (2-31 in 10 overs) from Punjab.

Also Read:  Match 1: India A vs England A | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Himachal Pradesh vs Delhi

In the second round of Elite Group E, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi clashed against each other. Batting first, Himachal Pradesh put up 208-9 in 50 overs, and in reply, Delhi fought hard but fell short of just 10 runs. The top performers in the match were S M Singh (116 runs) and Renuka Singh (4-39 in 10 overs) from Himachal Pradesh and Neha Chhillar (57 runs) and Babita Negi (2-37 in 10 overs) from Delhi.

Karnataka vs Meghalaya

In another match in Elite Group E, Karnataka took on Meghalaya. Batting first, Meghalaya was bundled out for a paltry 49 in 33.4 overs and in reply, Karnataka achieved the target in just six overs, winning the match by nine wickets. The top performers in the match were Rameshwari (4-11 in 10 overs) and Vanitha V R (28 runs) from Karnataka.

Vidarbha vs Tamil Nadu

In the same group, Vidarbha and Tamil Nadu locked horns with each other. Riding on Bharti Fulmali’s 94, Vidarbha posted 207 runs in 49.2 overs. In reply, Tamil Nadu was bowled out for 154 in 45.2 overs, losing the match by 53 runs. The top performers in the match were Bharti Fulmali (94 runs), K U Pophali (46 runs), and Vaishnavi Khandkar (4-36 in 9.2 overs) from Vidarbha and Niranjana Nagarajan (41 runs and 3-38 in 8 overs) and Nethra L (3-43 in 10 overs) from Tamil Nadu.

For more such latest news and updates around women’s cricket, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Preview: Final – India A vs India D | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here