Match 3: UAE v Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series 2022 will be played between UAE and Zimbabwe at the ICC Academy Ground in Dubai on September 12. The match will start at 11.30AM IST.

This will be the second match for both the teams. While UAE lost their first match against Thailand by five wickets, Zimbabwe, on the other hand, won their first match against USA by five wickets. 

Head-to-Head

UAE and Zimbabwe have never played against each other. This will be their first T20I.

Squads

UAE: Chaya Mughal (C), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Mahika Gaur, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain (WK), Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rinitha Rajith, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish (WK), Khushi Sharma

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (C), Christabel Chatonzwa, Francisca Chipare, Precious Marange, Sharne Mayers, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa (WK), Kelis Ndlovu, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda, Loreen Tshuma

Players to watch

Vaishnave Mahesh: 

The right arm leg spinner of UAE was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Thailand. She scalped 21/2 in four overs, including one maiden. She came in to bowl as the first change and bowled well in the middle phase of the innings. She exhibited good control over her lines and lengths.

Kavisha Egodage: 

The right-handed top order batter of UAE top scored with 35 off 44 in her last match against Thailand. She smashed three boundaries in her knock. Coming in to bat at the end of second over, she held the innings together and batted all through the 20 overs. While wickets were falling all around her, she steadied the batting ship of UAE.

Also Read:  Theertha Satish's Fifty help UAE beat Malaysia to win their Maiden Asia Cup Match

Nomvelo Sibanda: 

The left arm seamer from Zimbabwe won the player of the match in her last appearance against USA. She opened the bowling and claimed 20/3 in four overs, including two wickets in the 19th over. She bowled well with the new ball. Apart from this, she was good at the death keeping the batters at bay.

Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano: 

The left-handed top order batter of Zimbabwe led the run chase from the front in the last fixture against USA. She mustered 37 runs off as many balls, hitting five boundaries. She came in to bat in the very first over of the match. She stitched a couple of crucial partnerships; 37 runs with Kelis Ndlovu for the second wicket and 54 runs with Josephine Nkomo for the fourth wicket.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting second have won both the matches so far. The highest total scored here is 112 and the lowest total achieved is 105 in this competition. The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to see intervals of clouds and sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 38 degrees Celsius. There will be 54 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Theertha Satish, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Kavisha Egodage, Esha Oza, Mary-Anne Musonda, Kelis Ndlovu, Chaya Mughal, Josephine Nkomo, Nomvelo Sibanda, Vaishnave Mahesh, Loreen Tshuma

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Thailand vs Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match details

Date: September 12, 2022

Time: 11.30AM IST

Venue: ICC Academy Ground, Dubai

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here