Match 14: Gujarat Giants v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 14th match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between Gujarat Giants and Delhi Capitals at the Brabourne Stadium on March 16. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 14: Gujarat Giants v Delhi Capitals | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their sixth match of the tournament. While Gujarat Giants have won one and lost four, Delhi Capitals have won four and lost one. The last time these two teams played, Delhi Capitals pipped Gujarat Giants by 10 wickets.

Squads

Gujarat Giants: Ashleigh Gardner, Sophie Dunkley, Anna Sutherland, Harleen Deol, Sneh Rana (c), S Meghana, Georgia Wareham, Mansi Joshi, D Hemalatha, Monica Patel, Tanuja Kanwer, Sushma Verma, Hurley Gala, Ashwani Kumari, Parunika Sisodia, Shabnam Shakil, Laura Wolvaardt, Kim Garth

Delhi Capitals: Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Marizanne Kapp, Titas Sadhu, Alice Capsey, Tara Norris, Laura Harris, Jasia Akhter, Minnu Man, Taniya Bhatia, Poonam Yadav, Jess Jonassen, Sneha Deepthi, Arundhati Reddy, Aparna Mandal

Players to watch

Harleen Deol: 

The right-handed top-order batter of Gujarat Giants scored 22 off 23 in her last fixture against Mumbai Indians. Her innings was laced with three boundaries. She fought hard and was there in the middle till the ninth over.

Ashleigh Gardner:

Gujarat Giants’ wily off-spinner was the bowlers’ pick in her last match against Mumbai Indians. She opened the bowling and claimed 3/34 in four overs. Besides her bowling, she is known for her hard-hitting abilities with the bat.

Alice Capsey: 

The number three batter of Delhi Capitals led the run chase from the front against Royal Challengers Bangalore in her last outing. She muscled 38 off 24, including eight boundaries. She also opened the bowling with Marizanne Kapp and bowled three overs of off-spin.

Also Read:  Match 2: RCB v DC | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Shikha Pandey: 

The right-arm speedster of Delhi Capitals was the most successful bowler for her side in her last appearance against Royal Challengers Bangalore. She accounted for 3/23 in four overs, coming into bowl as the first change.

Pitch

It will be the seventh match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first and second have won three apiece. The highest total scored is 223, and the lowest is 107. While the pitch looked excellent for batting in the earlier games, it has turned out to be slower in recent encounters. Expect the spinners to play a vital role.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mainly clear and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 27 percent cloud cover and a two percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sushma Verma, Meg Lanning, Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Shikha Pandey

Match details

Date: March 16, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here