Match 8: UP Warriorz v RCB | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The eighth match of the Women’s Premier League (WPL) will be played between UP Warriorz and Royal Challengers Bangalore at the Brabourne Stadium on March 10. The game will begin at 7.30 PM IST.

Match 8: UP Warriorz v RCB | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

While UP Warriorz will play their third match of the tournament, having won one and lost one, Royal Challengers Bangalore will feature in their fourth, having lost their previous three fixtures.

Squads

UP Warriorz: Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma, Tahlia McGrath, Shabnim Ismail, Alyssa Healy (c), Anjali Sarvani, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Parshavi Chopra, Shweta Sehrawat, S Yashasri, Kiran Navgire, Grace Harris, Devika Vaidya, Lauren Bell, Laxmi Yadav, Simran Shaikh

Royal Challengers Bangalore: Smriti Mandhana (c), Sophie Devine, Ellyse Perry, Renuka Singh Thakur, Richa Ghosh, Erin Burns, Disha Kasat, Indrani Roy, Shreyanka Patil, Kanika Ahuja, Asha Shobana, Heather Knight, Dane van Niekerk, Preeti Bose, Poonam Khemnar, Komal Zanzad, Meghan Schutt, Sahana Pawar

Players to watch

Tahlia McGrath: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of UP Warriorz starred with the bat in her last game against Delhi Capitals. She hammered an unbeaten 90 off 50, including 11 boundaries and a six. She also scalped 1/37 in three overs.

Shabnim Ismail:

The right-arm pace sensation of UP Warriorz was the most economical bowler for her side in the high-scoring contest against Delhi Capitals. She opened the bowling and accounted for 1/29 in four overs. She will be expected to give early breakthroughs to her team against RCB next.

Sophie Devine: 

The attacking right-handed opening batter of Royal Challengers Bangalore top-scored with a 45-ball 66 in her last appearance against Gujarat Giants. She smashed eight boundaries and two sixes. She also stitched a 54-run opening partnership with captain Smriti Mandhana.

Also Read:  Match 3: UP Warriorz v Gujarat Giants | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Shreyanka Patil: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of Royal Challengers Bangalore was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the last encounter against Gujarat Giants. She claimed 2/32 in four overs. Besides, she also muscled 11 off four, including one four and a six, towards the end of the innings.

Pitch

It will be the fourth match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first have won, and the teams batting second have won one. All three games have been high-scoring affairs. Expect another run feast here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The maximum temperature attained during the match will be 29 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Heather Knight, Sophie Devine, Smriti Mandhana, Grace Harris, Tahlia McGrath, Ellyse Perry, Deepti Sharma, Shabnim Ismail, Sophie Ecclestone, Shreyanka Patil

Match details

Date: March 10, 2023

Time: 7.30 PM IST

Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Live streaming: Sports18 Network, Jio Cinema

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here