Smriti Mandhana posts an Emotional Message for fans after India’s exit for World Cup

Smriti Mandhana shared her emotions from the heartbreaking campaign for team India in the 2022 Women’s World Cup. Smriti took to social media on Thursday, March 31st to share her gratitude to the fans who supported India during World Cup.

Smriti Mandhana in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Smriti Mandhana in ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Sharing her thoughts on her Instagram Page, Smriti said,“ I know it’s a bit late to share this post but it’s still taking time to process all that’s happened. Definitely not the way we wanted the tournament to end. But, I’m proud that the team gave it all and fought till the end. We have received so much love and support from all of you’ll and I just want to say it means a lot. Thank you for supporting us in our highs and lows.”

Team India had an average world cup campaign, they lost 4 of the 7 matches and finished at No.5 just missing the Semi-Final ticket. They started the world cup well winning against Pakistan and West Indies. But, they lost against big teams in big games against England, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. They were in a must-win situation in their last match against South Africa which they, unfortunately, lost on the ultimate ball.

Smriti Mandhana had a good world cup as she scored 327 runs in 7 matches. She scored a magnificent 123 against West Indies and scored 2 fifties against South Africa and Pakistan. Harmanpreet Kaur was the other batter who also had a great world cup as she scored 318 in 7 matches. She took scored a century against West Indies and also scored 2 fine fifties against New Zealand and Australia. The rest of the batting didn’t play to their standards which was a big reason why team India lost big matches against England and New Zealand.

Also Read:  Match 3 Preview: Velocity v Trailblazers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Team India will now look to get ready for the 2023 T20 World Cup happening in South Africa in February next year. They also have to appoint a new captain as Mithali Raj is expected to retire from One Day International Cricket. Let us see who will be the new captain of team India going forward.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here