Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes stitch Record 216 Runs Opening Partnership

The Australian women couldn’t have asked for a better start in their Semi-Final encounter against West Indies at Wellington on Wednesday, March 30th. After losing the toss, Australia openers Racheal Haynes and Alyssa Healy came out to open the batting for the Aussie and went on to stitch in a record-breaking partnership for Australia in the world cup history.

Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes stitch Record 216 Runs Opening Partnership. PC: ICC/ Getty Images
Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes stitch Record 216 Runs Opening Partnership. PC: ICC/ Getty Images

The 216 run partnership between Haynes and Healy is the 2nd highest partnership for Australia in the World Cups. They just fell short by 4 runs to the highest partnership for Australia in the world cups as the partnership between Lindsay Reeler and Ruth Buckstein who opened the batting for Australia in the 1988 World Cup scored 220 runs in their opening partnership against the Netherlands.

Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes were just amazing in their partnership. Healy was aggressive with the bat scoring a magnificent century. She scored 129 in 107 balls with 17 boundaries and a maximum. Rachael Haynes provided great support to Healy and scored 85 of 100 with 9 boundaries.

After the outstanding opening partnership between Haynes and Healy, Beth Mooney scored 43 and Meg Lanning scored an unbeaten 26 which took  Australia to 305 for 3 on the board at the end of 45 overs. The match is being played for 45 overs as rain interruption delayed the start.

Also Read:  New Strategy for Victorian Women’s Premier Cricket - Cricket Victoria, Australia

The West Indies batters have a big task in their hand as they have to chase the score in 45 overs. With West Indies batters being not good players of spin. Expect Jess Jonassen and Ashleigh Gardener to dominate with the ball.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here