Smriti Mandhana makes a Funny Remark during Presentation Ceremony

Team India bounced back in a big way against West Indies on Saturday as they beat a super confident West Indies by 155 runs. Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur will take the major appreciation as the duo scored fabulous centuries and stitched in a fabulous 184 run partnership for the 4th wicket which is the highest in world cup history. Mandhana scored 123 runs with 13 boundaries and 2 maximums. Whereas, Harmanpreet Kaur scored 109 runs with 10 boundaries and 2 sixes resulting in India posting a massive score of 317 in 50 overs.

Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur Share Player of the Match Award. PC: ICC / Getty Images
Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur Share Player of the Match Award. PC: ICC / Getty Images

The West Indies batters started to a flyer as they got scored 100 runs for the opening partnership in just 12 overs. Deandra Dottin scored a magnificent 62 and Hayley Matthews scored 43. Soon after the opener’s dismissal, the Windies batters fell apart and the team got bundled out for 162 with team India winning the match by 155 runs.

Smriti Mandhana was awarded the player of the match award during the post-match presentation. She decided to share the trophy with Harmanpreet Kaur as she felt both of them contributed and deserved the award. She mentioned how the duo managed to spin and pace attacks by rotating strikes giving each other good support. She finished off the interview by asking ICC to give another player of the match trophy to bring an extraordinary night to a happy end.

Social media, especially Twitter was happy to see the comradarie between the centurions and applauded their efforts. Here are a few reactions:

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Also Read:  Relief for World Cup teams as New Zealand reduces Quarantine Period from 10 to 7 Days
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here