Fatima is one of the best all-rounders that we have in our team : Nida Dar

In a recent video posted on Cricket World Cup’s website, Pakistan’s all-rounder Nida Dar talks about giving her best all-round performance in the upcoming ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup that will be played in New Zealand between March 4 and April 3.

Nida Dar. PC: ICC (screenshot)
Nida Dar. PC: ICC (screenshot)

Nida Dar, 35, will be a player to watch out for from Pakistan going into the World Cup. The dashing all-rounder is vastly experienced having 84 ODIs and 108 T20Is to her name. In the interview, Dar said, “I will be looking to give my best all-around performance during the World Cup.”

She added, “The year 2019 was one of the best years for me from a cricketing perspective. Mark Coles from New Zealand was our head coach back then and he gave us a lot of confidence as a team. He used to talk to each and every player, which helped them individually to grow as a cricketer. His talks helped me a lot as well and they certainly did make a difference in my batting and bowling.”

Apart from Dar, Javeria Khan is the other Pakistani player to have been around for more than a decade at the international level. Dar said, “Javeria and I have been good friends right from the day we started playing cricket together for Pakistan. We have supported each other during the highs and lows and will continue to do so in the future as well.”

Javeria Khan
Javeria Khan

The all-rounder, who is the only cricketer from Pakistan to scalp 100+ T20I wickets in women’s T20Is also mentioned during the interview that her father and brother have played an integral part in her success. Just like Dar, there is another young upcoming talent in the Pakistan line-up in the form of Fatima Sana.

Also Read:  COVID-19 Grips Bangladesh Women’s team ahead of Women’s World Cup 2022

Dar said, “Fatima is one of the best all-rounders that we have in our team. She was the ICC Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2021. When I saw her playing for the first time, I was reminded of my younger days. She is a good character on and off the field and is always inquisitive to know more about the game. She talks to me a lot about cricket.”

Fatima Sana - Pakistani Cricketer. PC: Twitter
Fatima Sana – Pakistani Cricketer. PC: Twitter

Before signing off, Dar shared, “PCB has been doing a wonderful job in promoting women’s cricket. We have state-of-the-art facilities for practice and there are many opportunities for the young girls to take the sport as a career. In the future, I would like to open a cricket academy in Pakistan, since I love cricket coaching.”

Click here to watch the Full Video.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here