Match 9 – South Africa vs Pakistan Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The ninth match of the 12th edition of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup will be played between Pakistan and South Africa on March 11 at Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui. While Pakistan have lost both their matches in the World Cup campaign so far, South Africa have won one.

Match 9 – South Africa vs Pakistan Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match preview

Head to Head

Pakistan and South Africa have played 24 ODIs against each other, out of which South Africa have won 18, Pakistan have won four and one match each ending in a tie and producing no result. 

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (captain), Nida Dar (vice-captain), Aiman Anwer, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Javeria Khan, Muneeba Ali, Nahida Khan, Nashra Sandhu, Omaima Sohail, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Chloe Tryon (vc), Ayabonga Khaka, Lara Goodall, Laura Wolvaardt, Lizelle Lee, Marizanne Kapp, Masabata Maria Klaas, Mignon du Preez, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Tazmin Brits, Trisha Chetty, Tumi Sekhukhune.

Players to watch out for

Bismah Maroof: 

Player Profile of Bismah Maroof in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Bismah Maroof in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

Pakistan’s captain top scored in her last outing against Australia with a brilliant 78 not out off 122 balls to help her side post 190 in 50 overs. The southpaw will have to shoulder the batting responsibility of her team going into the World Cup ahead.

Omaima Sohail: 

Player Profile of Omaima Sohail in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Omaima Sohail in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

This all-rounder had a good outing with the ball as she picked up two wickets against Australia, bowling right arm off spin. She is also a solid middle order batter. Pakistan will want this all-rounder to fire with both bat and ball.

Also Read:  South Africa Squad for Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Announced

Ayabonga Khaka:

Player Profile of Ayabonga Khaka in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Ayabonga Khaka in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

This South African right arm speedster wreaked havoc with the ball against Bangladesh as she struck with four wickets. She bowled well in the middle overs and provided the Proteas with the regular breakthroughs.

Laura Wolvaardt:

Player Profile of Laura Wolvaardt in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Laura Wolvaardt in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

This right-handed opening batter of South Africa scored 41 in the World Cup opener against Bangladesh. She will be required to give a strong and steady start to her team. Apart from her batting, she is an excellent outfielder.

Pitch

Three matches of this ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup have been played here so far. Teams batting first have won twice, while the team batting second has won once. The average first innings score is 231 and the average second innings score is 195. Batting has not been that easy and bowlers have enjoyed themselves bowling here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and pleasant. The average temperature will be around 23 degrees Celsius, with just a one percent chance of precipitation and 45 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy playing XI

Trisha Chetty, Omaima Sohail, Laura Wolvaardt, Mignon du Preez, Bismah Maroof, Nida Dar, Marizanne Kapp, Sune Luus, Ayabonga Khaka, Nashra Sandhu, Shabnim Ismail

Match Details

Date: March 11, 2022

Time: 6.30 am IST

Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui

Live streaming: Star Sports, Disney + Hotstar

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here