Alyssa Healy’s 72 Runs help Australia register 13th Straight Win against Pakistan Women

On Tuesday, in the sixth match of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, Australia were chasing 191 in 50 overs against Pakistan.

Alyssa Healy's 72 Runs help Australia register 13th Straight Win against Pakistan Women. PC: ICC / Getty Images
Alyssa Healy’s 72 Runs help Australia register 13th Straight Win against Pakistan Women. PC: ICC / Getty Images

The Australian opening pair of Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes (34 runs off 34 balls) got off to a flying start as they plundered 60 runs in 10.3 overs. After the southpaw, Haynes, departed, captain Meg Lanning (35 runs off 37 balls) joined hands with Healy to pile up another 63 runs for the second wicket. The Australians looked in control right through the run chase. Healy top-scored with a scintillating 72 off 79 balls and led the run chase from the front. Healy’s knock was characterized by some good-looking aerial shots and she looked completely at ease. Towards the end, Beth Mooney (23 not out off 26 balls) and Ellyse Perry (26 not out off 33 balls) completed the formalities as they guided their side to a comfortable seven-wicket win with 15.2 overs to spare.

There were a couple of dropped catches with Pakistan giving life to both the openers, Healy and Haynes. While Aliya Riaz standing at mid wicket gave life to Healy as she spilled one-off Anam Amin’s bowling, Nida Dar dropped one of her own bowling to give second chance to Haynes.

For Pakistan, the spinners had a good outing as they picked up all the three wickets that fell in the Australian innings. Right arm off spinner Omaima Sohail struck with 2-39 in her eight overs and was supported by left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu who picked up 1-30 in seven overs. The Pakistani bowling did not look probing as they failed to cause any problems to the strong Australian batting. Diana Baig, Anam Amin, Fatima Sana and Nida Dar were the other bowlers used by Pakistan, all of them going wicket-less.

Also Read:  Charlie Dean records Career Best ODI Bowling Figure, Picks 4 Wicket against India

Australia’s Alyssa Healy won the player of the match for her match-winning batting performance of 72 runs off 79 balls. In the process, she stitched a 60-run partnership with Haynes, a 63-run partnership with Lanning and 30-run partnership with Ellyse Perry.

With this win, Australia have registered their 13th straight win in ODI cricket against Pakistan. Since the 2017 World Cup, Australia have won 33 out of their 35 ODIs.

Australia and Pakistan will play their next fixtures on March 13 against New Zealand and on March 11 against South Africa respectively.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here