Spinners Fatima Sana and Nashra Sandhu guides Pakistan to 7 Run Victory over Bangladesh

The two Asian teams locked horns against each other in a rain-curtailed nail-biting contest as the match went all the way down the wire. Pakistan managed to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat as they won the match by just seven runs (DLS method). Batting first, Pakistan piled up 199-7 in 42 overs, and in reply, Bangladesh could manage 194 as they were bundled out in 41.2 overs.

Fatima Sana took 4 wickets in a warm-up against Bangladesh. PC: PCB/Twitter
Fatima Sana took 4 wickets in a warm-up against Bangladesh. PC: PCB/Twitter

For Pakistan, right-handed middle-order batter Aliya Riaz top-scored with an unbeaten 45 off 50 balls, while Javeria Khan made a useful contribution at the top of the order with 62-ball 44. Fariha Trisna and Ritu Moni wreaked havoc with the ball for Bangladesh as the duo struck with three wickets each. With the bat, Fargana Hoque led the run chase with 71 runs off 95 balls, however, she failed to find allies. Rumana Ahmed chipped in with 30 runs off 36 balls, but in the end, Bangladesh fell short of just seven runs. Pakistan’s Fatima Sana, who opened the bowling was the pick of the bowlers as she bagged 4-47 in her nine overs. Left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu was the other major contributor with the ball as she picked up 3-22 in her 8.2 overs.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Fran Jonas Makes World Cup Debut, Youngest in 2022 Tournament
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here