Playing in WBBL will inspire other Pakistani women cricketers, says Nida Dar

Nida Dar who made history by becoming the first woman cricket player from Pakistan to play in a foreign league believes that her stint in WBBL will inspire other women cricketers back home.

Nida Dar
Nida Dar. Photo Courtesy: Sydney Thunder

Nida was signed by the team Sydney Thunder for this year’s Women’s Big Bash League. She thus becomes the first female cricketer of Pakistan to participate in this prestigious league.

Upon arriving in Sydney, Nida told Sydney Thunder that she is very excited to be playing top-level cricket here in Australia. She feels that playing in WBBL will take her skills to a new level. She wants to learn from this tournament, Dar told sydneythunder.com.au.

On asking whether her playing in the league will pave the way for other Pakistani cricketers, Dar replied in affirmative. “This is the pathway for other girls too. The girls are waiting for me over there. They want to watch my game over here.”, she said.

Keeping an eye on the upcoming T20 World Cup to be held in Australia, Nida believes the league will act as the pre-season and she hopes she can give her teammates some tips and tricks of playing here.

Nida Dar plays the role of an all-rounder in her national team and is hopeful of replicating the same for Sydney Thunder. The right-arm off-break bowler is excited to showcase her skills in the league.

Nida also said that she feels welcomed by the team. “Everyone here is very helpful. I’m feeling very great over here”, she added.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Pakistan v Bangladesh Women’s T20 series- An analysis
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here