Renuka Singh Thakur becomes the fastest Indian pacer to take 50 T20I Wickets

In the first semi-final of the Women’s Asia Cup 2024 between Bangladesh and India, Renuka Singh Thakur achieved a remarkable milestone by becoming the fastest Indian pacer to 50 wickets in women’s T20Is, surpassing Jhulan Goswami.

Renuka Singh Thakur becomes the fastest Indian pacer to take 50 T20I Wickets. PC: ACC
Renuka Singh Thakur becomes the fastest Indian pacer to take 50 T20I Wickets. PC: ACC

Bangladesh won the toss and chose to bat first but struggled early, finishing the powerplay at 25/3, largely due to Renuka’s exceptional bowling. Her first wicket came in the first over with the fourth delivery, dismissing Bangladesh’s opener Dilara Akter. She claimed her second wicket in the 3rd over, removing Ishma Tanjim with the final ball of the over.

Renuka secured her third wicket in the 5th over, taking out Murshida Khatun on the fifth ball. All three of her wickets were taken during the powerplay, leaving Bangladesh at a challenging 25/3 and concluded her spell with a maiden over in the 7th over. With her 50th wicket, the fastest Indian pacer to reach the milestone, in 45 innings, she also is the third-fastest pacer to reach 50 T20I wickets, now trailing behind Anya Shrubsole and Megan Schutt, surpassing Sophie Devine in the process.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image and sign up now:

Stake Cricket Banner

3rd fastest pacer to 50 T20I wickets (By Innings):

Anya Shrubsole – 29 innings

Megan Schutt – 43 innings

Renuka Singh – 45 innings

Sophie Devine – 47 innings

Rene Farrell – 47 innings

Since making her T20I debut against Australia at Carrara in 2021, Renuka Singh Thakur has played 45 T20I matches and claimed 47 wickets, with her best figures being 5/15 against England in 2023. As India gears up for their World Cup campaign, Renuka has the opportunity to refine her skills during the ongoing Asia Cup 2024.

Also Read:  Tanuja Kanwer became the only 2nd Indian to make an international debut in Women's Asia Cup

Fastest Indian pacer to complete 50 T20I wickets (By Innings):

Renuka Singh – 45 innings

Jhulan Goswami – 59 innings

Pooja Vastrakar – 60 innings

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here