“I am always ready to bowl in any kind of situation” – Deepti Sharma

In a display of dominance, the Indian women’s cricket team secured a spot in the semifinal of the 2024 Asia Cup with a victory over Nepal. Their success, as highlighted by all-rounder Deepti Sharma, revolves around a simple yet powerful mantra: “One game at a time.”

I am always ready to bowl in any kind of situation - Deepti Sharma. PC: ACC
I am always ready to bowl in any kind of situation – Deepti Sharma. PC: ACC

The match against Nepal witnessed outstanding performances from both bat and ball. Shafali Verma’s innings of 81 runs off just 48 balls set the tone early on, driving India to a strong total of 178/3. However, it was Deepti Sharma’s exceptional bowling figures of 3/13 that truly stole the show, ensuring Nepal managed only 98/9 in their allotted 20 overs.

Reflecting on the team’s strategy, Deepti Sharma credited their success to a focused approach on each match without getting ahead of themselves. “From the first game, we are pretty confident about each situation and the conditions as well,” she remarked during the post-match press conference. She noted that the familiarity with Sri Lankan conditions, unchanged since their previous tour, has been advantageous.

“There hasn’t been much change in the tracks and conditions since our last visit in June 2022,” Deepti observed. “We keep it very simple, focusing on the next match ahead.”

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image and sign up now:

Stake Cricket Banner

Deepti Sharma’s personal success in the tournament again has been remarkable, claiming eight wickets across three matches at an impressive average of seven. She attributed her effectiveness to readiness and adaptability in any bowling situation. “I am always ready to bowl in any kind of situation. I enjoy taking on challenges,” she explained.

Also Read:  India Squad for Bangladesh tour announced, Asha Sobhana and S Sajana gets maiden call

Looking ahead, India’s next challenge awaits in the semifinals, where they are set to face Bangladesh on July 26 in Dambulla. With their confidence riding high and a clear strategy in place, India is poised to continue their campaign with the same determination and focus that has brought them success thus far.

As the Asia Cup progresses, the Indian women’s cricket team remains a tough force. With Deepti Sharma leading from the front, backed by a cohesive team effort, they aim to clinch the coveted title, aiming to add to their impressive tally of 7 Asia Cup championships.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here