Mahirah Izzati Ismail Completes 50 T20I wickets, 1st Malaysian female player to do so

During the 7th match of the 2024 Women’s Asia Cup between Sri Lanka and Malaysia, all-rounder Mahirah Izzati Ismail registered her 50th T20 International wicket.

Mahirah Izzati Ismail Completes 50 T20I wickets, 1st Malaysian female player to do so. PC: ACC
Mahirah Izzati Ismail Completes 50 T20I wickets, 1st Malaysian female player to do so. PC: ACC

This ninth edition of the tournament, held from July 19 to July 28, 2024, in Sri Lanka, features eight teams and is being played in the T20 format in preparation for the upcoming T20 World Cup. Group B includes Malaysia, hosts Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Bangladesh.

Mahirah made her T20I debut for Malaysia on June 03, 2018, against India during the Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup in Kuala Lumpur. Before this match, she had accumulated 369 runs, with her best bowling figure being 5/11 in the T20I format.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image below and sign up now:

In the match against Sri Lanka, after losing the toss, Malaysia was asked to bowl first. After an initial breakthrough, Sri Lankan batters Chamari Athapaththu and Harshitha Samarawickrama formed a strong partnership, surpassing a 50-run stand together. Mahirah broke the 64-run partnership by dismissing Samarawickrama for 26 with an excellent yorker in the 10th over. This wicket marked her 50th T20I wicket, making her the first player from the Malaysia women’s team to achieve this milestone.

Mahirah finished with figures of 1/23 from her quota of 4 overs, maintaining an economy rate of 5.75.

Also Read:  Watch Highlights: India secures 82-run victory over Nepal, enters Semi Final
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here