Smriti Mandhana surprises a disabled fan by gifting her a mobile phone

Following the India-Pakistan match on July 19 during the 2024 Women’s Asia Cup, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) shared on their official X account a touching moment involving Indian vice-captain Smriti Mandhana, as she interacted with a disabled fan.

Smriti Mandhana surprises a disabled fan by gifting her a mobile phone. PC: Sri Lanka Cricket
Smriti Mandhana surprises a disabled fan by gifting her a mobile phone. PC: Sri Lanka Cricket

The post featured Mandhana interacting with Adeesha Herath, who met her favourite cricketer, Mandhana, with her mother by her side. As a token of appreciation, Mandhana gifted Herath a mobile phone.

The special encounter unfolded as Mandhana greeted the fan and asked for their name. After a brief pause, the fan responded with “Adeesha.” Mandhana inquired if Adeesha liked cricket, to which Adeesha nodded in affirmation. Mandhana then asked if Adeesha had enjoyed the match, and upon receiving another nod, she mentioned that there was a small gift from all of them. Mandhana revealed that the gift was a phone to which Adeesha thanked her, and Mandhana further asked if she liked phones. Adeesha nodded, and Mandhana concluded the interaction by offering a high-five.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image below and sign up now:

The fan’s mother shared her excitement after her daughter’s interaction with Smriti Mandhana, explaining that their visit to the match was spontaneous, driven by her daughter’s desire to attend. She expressed delight over the unexpected meeting with Mandhana and the surprising gift of a phone that her daughter received. The mother felt her daughter was incredibly fortunate and conveyed her gratitude for being chosen as the winner. She also encouraged others to come and watch the matches, expressing her happiness and appreciation for the experience.

Also Read:  Where to watch Match 5: India vs UAE Women in Women’s Asia Cup 2024? Live Streaming Details

“We came to watch the match unexpectedly, as my daughter wanted to go for the match. We met Mandhana madam from the India Team and my daughter received a phone from her, it was unexpected and my daughter is so lucky to receive this gift from her. Come and watch the matches. I’m so happy and thank you so much for selecting my daughter as the winner,” shared Adeesha’s mother.

In the match against Pakistan, Mandhana scored 45 runs off 31 balls, including nine boundaries, with a strike rate of 145.16, contributing significantly to India’s 7-wicket victory in their season opener.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket