Twitter Reactions: India surpasses 200, scored their highest-ever Women’s T20I total

Fans hail the Indian women’s team after the seven-time Asian champions piled on 201 runs against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the 5th match of the 2024 Women’s Asia Cup.

Twitter Reactions India surpasses 200, scored their highest-ever Women's T20I total
Twitter Reactions India surpasses 200, scored their highest-ever Women’s T20I total

Harmanpreet Kaur-led India were asked to bat first on losing the toss and had lost their star opener Smriti Mandhana with 23 on the board. However, Shafali Verma kept the tempo going, taking advantage of the field restrictions, with India crossing the 50-run mark in the powerplay. India lost momentum when Shafali Verma and Dayalan Hemalatha departed in consecutive balls, bringing the score to 52 for 3. But it was Indian skipper Harmanpreet Kaur who scored 66 off 47 balls, which helped India cross the 200-run mark, finishing with 201 – the highest total in Women’s T20 Asia Cup and India’s highest team total in Women’s T20Is.

Harmanpreet’s 66 was well-supported by an attacking, unbeaten 64 from wicket-keeper batter Richa Ghosh. Both batters were involved in a 75-run partnership before the Indian skipper was run-out. Richa Ghosh provided the finishing touch for India with five boundaries off the last over, scoring her maiden T20I fifty for India.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image below and sign up now:

Fans applauded the fifties from Harmanpreet Kaur and Richa Ghosh on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. They appreciated the powerful Indian batting performance.

Here are some reactions:

Also Read:  Twitter Reactions: Thailand bowlers makes a strong comeback in last 5 overs to beat Malaysia

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket