Preview : 1st T20I of Women’s Ashes, Predictions, Dream XI Probable Squad

The Women’s Ashes 2019 shifts to the shortest format now. Australia after winning the ODI series by 3-0 and being in commanding position after 4 days of the test match which ended in a draw, will go into the T20 series with lot of confidence and push in their stride. While England on the other hand would be bit tentative going into the series. England Women’s team though have to come up with a lot better performance than they showed in ODI and TEST series to come to parity with Australia who are leading the points card 8-2 across formats.

The first of the three T20I’s will be played on

Date– July 26, 2019

Venue– County Ground, Chelmsford.

The squads were announced recently for the T20I. Mady Villiers has been called up for England, in place of Fran Wilson, Georgia Elwiss has also been included in the squad. Australia are going in with the same squad that played the ODI series

England Women T20I squad

Danielle Wyatt, Heather Knight(C), Laura Marsh, Katherine Brunt, Georgia Elwiss, Jenny Gunn, Natalie Sciver, Mady Villiers, Tammy Beaumont, Amy Ellen Jones, Sarah Taylor (WK), Lauren Winfield, Kate Cross, Sophie Ecclestone, Anya Shrubsole.

Australia Women T20I squad

Meg Lanning (C), Rachael Haynes (VC), Nicole Bolton, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy (WK), Jess Jonassen, Delissa Kimmince, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Elyse Villani, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham.

Probable England Women playing XI:

Danielle Wyatt, Heather Knight(C), Laura Marsh, Katherine Brunt, Natalie Sciver, Tammy Beaumont, Amy Ellen Jones, Sarah Taylor (WK), Kate Cross, Sophie Ecclestone, Anya Shrubsole.

Also Read:  Jess Jonassen completes 200 Caps for Australia

Probable Australia Women playing XI: –

Meg Lanning (C), Rachael Haynes (VC), Nicole Bolton, Ashleigh Gardner, Alyssa Healy (WK), Jess Jonassen, Delissa Kimmince, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Georgia Wareham.

Players to watch out for (fantasy players)

Ellyse Perry

The Star Australian allrounder has been a great nick with bat and she can make the ball talk as everyone knows, her best bowling figures are against England and she recently scored a century in the Ashes test a few days ago.

Meg Lanning

The Australian captain is in fine touch and would be marching for more runs. She can definitely use the long handle very well. She has been leading the team pretty well. She would definitely like to make sure that they win the shortest format of the Ashes as well.

Sarah Taylor

The England wicketkeeper batsmen is the X-factor one needs in the team, safe behind the stumps and in front of it as well. She has been through string of low scores but this could be the calmness before the storm and she would eager to strike this time.

Jess Jonassen

The left arm Allrounder from Australia has performed really well in the ashes till now picking up wickets and scoring vital runs for the team, she has been one of the main contributors for the team doing so well in the Ashes.

Prediction: –

The Australian Women’s team is high on confidence and belief. They are most likely to take home more points through this series. England Women’s with the kind of form they are in would have to put a big stride forward to get through the Australian Women’s team, bowling has really been the strong suit for England team this summer and if that happens, we are all in to witness a great match.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Women's Ashes 2019 - Practice Match 1 – Australia Women Vs England Academy Women – 26th June 2019
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here