1st T20I: Sri Lanka vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following West Indies’ 0-3 series defeat in the One-Day Internationals (ODIs) against hosts Sri Lanka, the series moves into its second leg with the first of three Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) scheduled for the 24th of June 2024, at 11:00 AM Indian Standard Time (IST) at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota.

1st T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies
1st T20I Sri Lanka vs West Indies

Squads:

Sri Lanka – Chamari Athapaththu, Vishmi Gunaratne, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Nilakshi De Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoshi Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Ama Kanchana, Rashmika Sewwandi, Imesha Dulani, Shashini Gimhani, Kawya Kavindi, Sachini Nisansala, Kaushini Nuthyangana

West Indies – Hayley Matthews, Shemaine Campbelle, Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Qiana Joseph, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams, Kate Wilmott

Players to watch out:

Nilakshi De Silva

The 34-year-old middle-order batter has amassed 1006 runs from 75 T20I outings and also struck 11 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 6.50, registering bests of 63* and 3/13. Nilakshi hasn’t bowled lately, and with the bat, in this series, she has registered scores of 8*, 6*, and 68. She has been in notable form of late and can be counted on to lead the scoring.

Kavisha Dilhari

The 23-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 37 innings, has added 322 runs to the tally and secured 39 wickets from 50 bowling outings, with bests of 47* and 4/13. Though Kavisha departed for a duck in the series opener, she scored 28 in her very next outing, while returning bowling figures of 3/41 and 4/20. She’ll be relied upon to deliver.

Also Read:  Hayley Matthews to lead Barbados in Commonwealth Games

Chedean Nation

The 37-year-old keeper-batter, from 40 T20I outings, has accumulated 534 runs, including the highest score of 63*, and also has 7 wickets to her name. Chedean hasn’t had a very successful series yet; however, she followed up her scores of 6 and 12 with a solid 46 in her most recent outing, and it is hoped she steps up her efforts, leading the scoring for her team.

Qiana Joseph

The 23-year-old all-rounder, from 7 T20I bowling outings, has scalped 4 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 5.29, and has scored 43 runs from 4 innings, with 34 of those coming in a single innings. Qiana hasn’t had the start to her career she would have wanted; however, she is a far better all-rounder and should be backed to find her feet in international cricket.

Pitch:

The 22-yard center strip at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Cricket Stadium provides a well-balanced playing surface. Despite being good for batting, a modest average score suggests that bowlers, especially spinners, can expect some assistance from the pitch.

Weather:

Hambantota promises ideal conditions for the game despite scattered showers as the skies clear just in time for the match. The temperature is forecasted to be around 29°C, with moderate winds and humidity of 79%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Shemaine Campbelle, Vishmi Gunaratne, Nilakshi De Silva, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Chamari Athapaththu, Kavisha Dilhari, Qiana Joseph, Zaida James, Achini Kulasuriya, Karishma Ramharack, Aaliyah Alleyne

Match details:

Date – June 24, 2024

Time – 11:00 AM IST

Venue – Mahinda Rajapaksha International Cricket Stadium, Hambantota

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Sri Lanka Cricket YouTube channel.

Also Read:  3rd ODI: Pakistan vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here