Hayley Matthews’ all-round show helps Windies seal T20I series 2-0 against Pakistan

Skipper Hayley Matthews’ all-round show highlights a dominant show as the visitors go 2-0 up in the T20I series.

Hayley Matthews’ all-round show helps Windies seal T20I series 2-0 against Pakistan

The West Indies women’s team led by skipper Hayley Matthews edged past the home side Pakistan led by skipper Nida Dar in the 1st T20I by one run. Karishma Ramharack was awarded the Player of the Match for her match-winning spell (4-0-15-4) with the ball.

Pakistan skipper Nida Dar won the toss and opted to bat first in the 2nd T20I. The Pakistan openers got off to a good start before they lost the wicket of Sidra Amin in the 4th over of the innings. Chinelle Henry provided the first breakthrough for the West Indies. Muneeba Ali joined Gull Feroza at the crease and the duo stitched a crucial 29-run partnership for the 2nd wicket before Karishma Ramharack picked up the wicket of their opening batter Gull Feroza to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side.

Skipper Nida Dar joined Muneeba Ali at the crease and the duo stitched another crucial 41-run partnership for the 3rd wicket before skipper Hayley Matthews picked up the big wicket of the opposition skipper Nida Dar to provide the 3rd breakthrough for the West Indies. The home side, Pakistan eventually ended up with a total of 121/7 in their quota of overs. Muneeba Ali (55 off 47 balls), Gull Feroza (14 off 29 balls), and skipper Nida Dar (13 off 14 balls) were the top performers with the bat for Pakistan.

Skipper Hayley Matthews (4-0-25-3), Chinelle Henry (3-0-15-1), and Afy Fletcher (4-0-23-1) were the top performers with the ball for the West Indies. Chasing a target of 122, the West Indies openers Qiana Joseph and skipper Hayley Matthews got off to a good start, before they lost the wicket of Qiana Joseph in the 4th over of the run chase. Diana Baig provided the first breakthrough for Pakistan.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Pakistan vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Wicket-keeper batter Shemaine Campbelle joined skipper Hayley Matthews at the crease and the duo stitched a massive 67-run partnership for the 3rd wicket before Sadia Iqbal picked up the big wicket of the opposition skipper Hayley Matthews to provide the 2nd breakthrough for her side. Wicket-keeper batter Shemaine Campbelle soon followed her back to the pavilion to provide the 3rd breakthrough for Pakistan.

West Indies eventually managed to get over the line in the run chase with seven wickets in hand and 10 balls to spare. Skipper Hayley Matthews (58 off 43 balls), wicket-keeper batter Shemaine Campbelle (21 off 29 balls), and Chedean Nation (17 off 19 balls) were the top performers with the bat for the West Indies. Sadia Iqbal (4-0-24-1), skipper Nida Dar (4-0-20-0), Tuba Hassan (4-0-26-1), and Diana Baig (3-0-22-1) were the top performers with the ball for Pakistan.

The West Indies skipper Hayley Matthews was awarded the Player of the Match for her sensational all-round performance, returning with match figures (4-0-25-3) with the ball and scoring (58 off 43 balls) with the bat. She played a crucial role in helping her side clinch the 2nd T20I by a comprehensive 7-wicket margin as the visitors, West Indies went 2-0 up in the five-match T20I series.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here